Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today when I was in first gear & starting taking off around 4-5k rpm's my gear indicator would flip between 1st & 2nd gear. The bike never shifted to second. Anyone had this problem and possibly a fix for it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
I noticed today when I was in first gear & starting taking off around 4-5k rpm's my gear indicator would flip between 1st & 2nd gear. The bike never shifted to second. Anyone had this problem and possibly a fix for it? Thanks
Ive noticed the same problem on my K5 1k and Ive seen many threads on here about it. Some say they took it to the dealer, some say they cleaned the contact on the indicator sensor plug or what ever. I didnt do either of those, lol. I ended up putting on Ivans TRE shortly after I noticed it happening so now my indicator says 5 all the time, lol.

Point is it seams to be a common problem on these bikes, dont worry too hard about it and there is some possible fixes for ya. Do a search on here and Im sure one of the threads has a better discription of where to clean. Not to sure what you would search for tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive noticed the same problem on my K5 1k and Ive seen many threads on here about it. Some say they took it to the dealer, some say they cleaned the contact on the indicator sensor plug or what ever. I didnt do either of those, lol. I ended up putting on Ivans TRE shortly after I noticed it happening so now my indicator says 5 all the time, lol.

Point is it seams to be a common problem on these bikes, dont worry too hard about it and there is some possible fixes for ya. Do a search on here and Im sure one of the threads has a better discription of where to clean. Not to sure what you would search for tho.

Thanks man... And yeah thats the problem not sure what exactly to search for lol

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
Did a quick search for "gear indicator" and found one thread I actually posted last in, lol.

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=62487&highlight=gear+indicator

This one is short but at least there is a link to info on a new sensor as well as a pic of it. Search for that and check the rest of the results Im too lazy to look for more since its not my bike, lol. Sorry, at least Im honest tho right? lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts