Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 gsxr 1000 I have had problems with the charging system , I replaced the battery , starter , starter solenoid, the voltage regulator , and when I checked the stator a couple coils was burnt up so I ordered one on Amazon . When I went to install it it fit good on the cover but it was really tight putting in the bike , well when I finished tightening all the bolts and went to start it it was like a dead battery be but the battery up was good checked with a meter good so I came to find out that the stator was so tight the bike couldn't turn over so I put the old stator bike tires right up but doesn't charge.

Note the new stator plugged right in the harness

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You got some good pictures of this K6 Liter?

Lets see it. How many miles? How long have you had it?

What do you want us to say. It has to be a reputable company stator, and put it in correctly?

The Stator on my K5 (same as a K6) is still going strong after 31K miles.

·
Super Moderator
10,074 Posts
Welcome. Get a Ricks or an OEM stator.

·
Registered
684 Posts
"I ordered one on Amazon"
Was it made in China? Have you tried checking if the stator will fit inside the rotor when held by hand and without the cover (the rotor magnets will complicate doing this)? You have an alignment problem if it does. Did you use the alignment pins when you bolted on the cover?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I replaced all that I did was cause a dumb ass friend of mine had me do some paint work on his bike so he took mine, well u know how u have the parking lights when if u click the key past the lock part well he left the parking lights for about 48 hrs in his garage well he jump the bike off his car but the dumbass started his car and ya
"I ordered one on Amazon"
Was it made in China? Have you tried checking if the stator will fit inside the rotor when held by hand and without the cover (the rotor magnets will complicate doing this)? You have an alignment problem if it does. Did you use the alignment pins when you bolted on the cover?
[/QU.
.thank I will try that's and check it out

·
Registered
684 Posts
Definite dumb ass. I'm somewhat surprised that he didn't notice that the running, license plate, and tail lights were on. I seem to recall that the battery is sized to only power them for 30 minutes or so. Draining it for two days would have killed it. Jumping off a car can wreck the R/R but I'd really expect the stator to survive. However burned coils tells all. Perhaps the load associated with a drained battery and wrecked R/R is what killed the stator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts