Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my buying a K7 1000 but it sat for almost 2 years without being started. Previous owner had the fuel pump fixed, but couldn’t afford to pay cost so he left the bike at the shop... fast forward, the mechanic tried starting the Gixxer and lights turn on but will not communicate with the components. He eventually purchased another ECU hoping it’ll get resolved, but I think it made it worst. PLEASE HELP!!! What do we need to do???

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
and lights turn on but will not communicate with the components.
What do you mean by this? FI is blinking in the temp window (fault code)?

Please explain exactly what the bike is doing or not doing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know how when you normally turn the key to the on position, the speedometer cycles all the way then comes back to zero, it doesn’t do that anymore. The light turns on, and the speedometer is saying “check”,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And it wouldn’t start. Not sure if we need to re-flashed or reprogram the computer, it seems so complicated but I know there’s a simpler way to do it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You know how when you normally turn the key to the on position, the speedometer cycles all the way then comes back to zero, it doesn’t do that anymore. The light turns on, and the speedometer is saying “check”,
This is normal, Try making sure the kill switch is on, pull in the clutch lever, and then try starting it. It won't crank without the clutch sensor pushed in.

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
^ What he said.

This is normal when the kill switch is not in the "run" position (or bad), the sidestand is down and the bike in gear (or bad sidestand switch or neutral switch not working) or last, a bad side stand relay.

I strongly suggest you find another mechanic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Kill Switch...lol also the new battery would be a good idea as long as it has been sitting especially if the battery wasn't maintained. When you said the tach hand didn't go throug it's self test cycle and the display says "check" the kill switch was the 1st thing that came to mind. If so and your "mechanic" bought a new ecu for that then good luck man on the rest of the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts