Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone this would be my first post to the site but have always read stuff on it. I'm having a FI light come on and stay on for c29 only which I've looked up and says it's the stps secondary throttle position sensor. I've read that most of the time a c28 will accompany the c29 code but that isnt happening. If someone could shed some light on the stps and the testing and replacement for it I would appreciate it or if there is a better route I should try please let me know. If I do end up replacing it I heard it was spring loaded and there would be an adjustment that needs to be done after. Information on the adjustment would also be helpful. PLEASE HELP IM AT A LOSS.

·
Premium Member
8,197 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I removed the stva and tested the stps and got 6.32 ohms, the link you posted says it should be 4.5 is that why I'm have an issue? Should I try calibrating the sensor next or does it need to be replaced?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Blue to black is the power loop. Should be 4.5k-5.0k. Over 6k is definitely high. I don't know the error detection logic particulars, but that value might be high enough to trip it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok should I try calibrating it before I go ordering a replacement. I understand this is just advice and that your not telling me what to do other then how to do things. I appreciate the help you guys have been giving me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts