Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just finished the install of a -1 on my 750. Now when i get up to about 55mph i start to hear a whining sound, and also on decel it sounds like an airplane powering down. Also when i'm at about 5k and try to go full throttle it feels like it slips and there is no power, same when I hit about 10k. Any one have an answer as to what might be wrong or what I need to do to fix it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help. :bowdown:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Did you mess with your clutch lever adjustment? Is the chain properly tightened? From what your descriping it sounds like clutch posibly? But its hard to say, I dont know what else would make it whine that much just from a sprocket change. I take the sprocket cover off again and double check the sprocket nut and the speed sensor nut, and also make sure there are no clearance issues under the cover. And that you got the clutch stuff back together properly. Most importantly, make sure your chain isnt to slopy. Should have about 3/4" of play in it at the loosest point.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to a mechanic friend of mine, and he immediately said your clutch cable is probably to tight. It was crazy tight when I put it back together so thats probably it. As for the chain I gotta check that tomorrow too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.