Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to remove the left side plug, the one where the pins always tend to corrode and once disconnected put some of the dielectric grease in there.
My question is how do you release this connector? It's been on there for 14 years so I expect it to be a little stubborn however I'm not sure if the tab on top needs to be pressed down or pulled up and I definitely don't want to damage it so I thought I'd ask the group.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
You are pushing down on the base of that tab and pulling it through. If it gets stuck a small flat screwdriver will help tuck it under the locking arch.

·
Registered
591 Posts
This

and this

may help.
As I recall, you press down on the tab that you circled. It acts like a lever with a pivot in the middle so the other end comes up and a tab that engages the female side is released. I think.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This

and this

may help.
As I recall, you press down on the tab that you circled. It acts like a lever with a pivot in the middle so the other end comes up and a tab that engages the female side is released. I think.
Thanks Bill & Snips - I'm going to try pressing down again - all I can say is that thing is on there really good

Stay tuned for the update and my result

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
You can spray a small squirt of WD40 between the two halves and give it a couple taps with a screwdriver handle to loosen it up. Sometimes if they are old they dry out and can bind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can spray a small squirt of WD40 between the two halves and give it a couple taps with a screwdriver handle to loosen it up. Sometimes if they are old they dry out and can bind.
Thank you Snips!
Your advice of using a small flat blade screwdriver jammed in there did the trick. Next time I'll remember to also add a little WD-40 to help with the release.
Much appreciated you guys here on this site are always so helpful to all of the members so again a "BIG Thank You!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts