Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K8 GSX-R600 with a PCIII USB installed. The bike has a Yosh R-55 full exhaust and is running on the PCIII with the appropriate map file. Installation is verified; TPS is working; O2 bypass is installed.

The bike has less power now in the low and mid rev ranges then before the PCIII was installed. The top rev range seems unchanged. The change is pretty significant - it feels like it's running in "C" mode.

Any advice on how to resolve?

Chris

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
THAT bad??? Wow. That really sucks.

First off, did you get it custom tuned on a dyno or or did you download a "pre-tuned" map? Everyone will tell you, getting it custom-tuned is the only way to get it running better. Some swear that using those pre-tuned maps will actually hurt performance, as every single bike out there will have slightly different characteristics. Not a huge dramatic difference, but enough that one pre-made map will not work for everyone out there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that's the case, that really sucks. Unfortunately, there's only 1 tuner in town, and he's charging an arm and a leg, so if that's the case, this PCIII is coming off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a K8 GSX-R600 with a PCIII USB installed. The bike has a Yosh R-55 full exhaust and is running on the PCIII with the appropriate map file. Installation is verified; TPS is working; O2 bypass is installed.

The bike has less power now in the low and mid rev ranges then before the PCIII was installed. The top rev range seems unchanged. The change is pretty significant - it feels like it's running in "C" mode.

Any advice on how to resolve?

Chris
i am actually having the same problem with my k8 600. i have a PC3 and a full yoshi TRC exhaust and it also feels as if im running my bike in "C" mode. people have been telling me that i should get it put on a dyno

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i am actually having the same problem with my k8 600. i have a PC3 and a full yoshi TRC exhaust and it also feels as if im running my bike in "C" mode. people have been telling me that i should get it put on a dyno
And they're probably right. I wouldn't get a PC3 without first considering the cost of a custom dyno tune. :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
And they're probably right. I wouldn't get a PC3 without first considering the cost of a custom dyno tune. :thumbup:
they are definitly right. i havent even been riding my bike because of how much of a power loss it has. i feel like everytime i ride its gona make something else worse. its running way to lean with the map that i have on it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
How do you know it is running lean? Is the map a lean map?
Maybe the power is smoother and less abrupt. This sometimes makes people think the bike is slower.
Did you install it on the correct injectors? Did you reset the Throttle position in the PC?

·
Registered
914 Posts
and another thing is, you can mess around and try different maps, and find the one that you like the most. to at least hold you over till you want to get a dyno tune. :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe the power is smoother and less abrupt. This sometimes makes people think the bike is slower.
Did you install it on the correct injectors? Did you reset the Throttle position in the PC?
I didnt touch the Throttle position in the PC..

·
Registered
77 Posts
i went and changed the settings for the throttle position and changed the closed setting and it seemed to make a noticeable difference in the bottom / mid range where i had lost the power before. im still getting clouds from my exhaust though so i still need to find a better map or just have it put on a dyno.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i went and changed the settings for the throttle position and changed the closed setting and it seemed to make a noticeable difference in the bottom / mid range where i had lost the power before. im still getting clouds from my exhaust though so i still need to find a better map or just have it put on a dyno.
one thing to remember if the pipe is new you are going to get, some type of smoking when reving the bike, and new pipes kinda smell too. and it will do that until you get some miles on it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
one thing to remember if the pipe is new you are going to get, some type of smoking when reving the bike, and new pipes kinda smell too. and it will do that until you get some miles on it. :thumbup:
ive put a good 500 miles or so on the pipes. they arent smoking from being new still. the smell is also gone from the break in. im pretty sure im just running a little bit to lean. but adjusting the throttle position seemed to have helped me with the low/mid range. now i just need a new map and i think everything will be fine. (hopefully):shifty

·
Registered
914 Posts
ive put a good 500 miles or so on the pipes. they arent smoking from being new still. the smell is also gone from the break in. im pretty sure im just running a little bit to lean. but adjusting the throttle position seemed to have helped me with the low/mid range. now i just need a new map and i think everything will be fine. (hopefully):shifty
yea the best thing that you can no if you dont want to spend the money for a dyno tune, it just to take some time and try using different maps to see which one seems to be the best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.