Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i just purchased my first bike.
A 2008 gsxr 600.
Theirs a couple things that have me scratching my head.
1- is the steering stabilizer is not plugged in and I cannot find the plug that goes into it.
2- the ABC modes do not work when I hold the mode button they do not come on.
There are no error codes displayed on the dash.
Also the small Park light in the front there is no harness plug for that either I searched for it and could not find it.
Just kind of looking for an idea of why someone would unhook these things being that I am new to this motorcycle thing I have built quads in the past from the ground-up I have a manual for the bike that I've looked over the schematics and neither one of the plugs are there. Also there are two plugs that are not plugged into anything that would not plug into those I have no idea where they go any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
SuperMod of the North
26,979 Posts
Nice looking bumble bee you have there. Very clean! OK, it has been a while since I worked on that generation.

Questions:
-Does this thing have the original lights or has someone upgraded to LEDs?
-Wondering if the front subharness has been cut or removed? (To be honest I don't remember if this model had a front subharness - check your manual)
-For the mode selection, when you start the bike it defaults to A. is there an A showing in the right side of the display? IS it that you can't change it or you can't see anything at all?

-Get your manual out and look at the electrical schematics. It will have the color of each wire listed. That may help identify which wire you happen to have in your hand at any given moment.
-There should also be some pages at the back of the manual that show the proper routing of wires and hoses, etc. Get that out and see where the wires are supposed to be. Routing them wrong will lead to them being too short and not plug in where they should.
-Check the connection at the back of the display.
-check the connector between the main and sub harness (if this model did have a front sub harness - dont remember)

Reactions: rv6john

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello sorry for the late reply.
The headlights are factory.
In the manual it didn't show a sub harness.
The abc doesn't appear at all.
Even when held for the 2 or 3 secs.
The 2 plugs im holding aren't even in the schmatics.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts