Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hmm I would like to try this as it sounds like somehting i may be able to do myself. Would you be able to explain to me in detail how i can disconnect the exhaust valve and how to terminate the connection for the actuator at the pcm.
just unplug the connector from the servo motor in the exhaust. the spring will keep the valve open. to terminate the idiot light, you can buy the exup mod from graves. i think its like 50 bucks or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Alright Im going to try this out tommorw.
Ill just try disconnecting the cables from the servo motor as shown in that thread you linked. Im really hoping that this will work :) if it does I will also proboably just remove the whole thing.
Will keep you all posted to see if this resolves the problem, sounds like a much easier and cheaper solution then replacing o2 sensor if that is even the issue. :)
Im kind of excited hahaha
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not the exhaust valve. Replace the fuel filter

If the exhaust valve was stuck you would have a "FI" error on the dash.

Try replacing your fuel filter. You never know when you get a bad tank of fuel that partially clogs the filter.

Alright Im going to try this out tommorw.
Ill just try disconnecting the cables from the servo motor as shown in that thread you linked. Im really hoping that this will work :) if it does I will also proboably just remove the whole thing.
Will keep you all posted to see if this resolves the problem, sounds like a much easier and cheaper solution then replacing o2 sensor if that is even the issue. :)
Im kind of excited hahaha
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok just removed the servo motor for the exhaust valve.
Was a bit of an undertaking. I used this thread http://www.tfriders.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=71 and it was very helpfull... however on the k8 600 the servo motor is not behind the rear fairing. lol its under the gas tank. If this works im just going to remove the whole damn thing after and sever the connection to the ecu. As expected disconnecting the servo motor did trigger the fi light.

Just need to take it for a test drive and see if all is good now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Alright, I have just finished a test ride, with the TPS adjusted and the Exhaust Valve disconected. New Air filter and fluids, and synthetic oil.

All the above have seemed to lessen the effects but none have solved the problem. My guess is as per many other post it is probably a bad O2 sensor.

Im still debating if this is a task i can handle myself or if it would be better to take it to the dealer/mechanic :_(
Any advice?

·
Registered
306 Posts
or you could get out some dollars and buy a o2 eliminator from yoshi or two brothers or powercommander

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
or you could get out some dollars and buy a o2 eliminator from yoshi or two brothers or powercommander
I have already considered the PCIII option. As I plan on getting one anyway. I was only concerned if that would actually resolve the issue with the O2 sensor. Will a PCIII completly bypass the o2 sensor? is this confirmed?
From what i am hearing replacing the o2 sensor shouldnt be much of an issue or an expense... but I definitley want to make sure the problem is resolved before adding anything else that may complicate the situation. However if a PCIII will definitley do that then ill go grab one right now :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have already considered the PCIII option. As I plan on getting one anyway. I was only concerned if that would actually resolve the issue with the O2 sensor. Will a PCIII completly bypass the o2 sensor? is this confirmed?
From what i am hearing replacing the o2 sensor shouldnt be much of an issue or an expense... but I definitley want to make sure the problem is resolved before adding anything else that may complicate the situation. However if a PCIII will definitley do that then ill go grab one right now :)
well i'm with u on this, i would fix the current problem before adding anything else to the bike. i dont think the o2 is to much of a hassle but not real sure on the price. hope to hear of the fix when the repair is made.

·
Registered
306 Posts
yeah the o2 is completely bypassed....completely unplugged and just a little plug goes on the motor side of the plug....the o2 can even be removed and plugged if you want to

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I just took it into the dealer, they told me that it was the Tip Over Sensor that has gone bad and is causing the issue. he also said that the servo motor for the exhaust vavle is going bad as well...
So that being said I guess im going to have to replace the TOS sensor and well just going to disconnect and remove the exhaust vavle i suppose.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I just took it into the dealer, they told me that it was the Tip Over Sensor that has gone bad and is causing the issue. he also said that the servo motor for the exhaust vavle is going bad as well...
So that being said I guess im going to have to replace the TOS sensor and well just going to disconnect and remove the exhaust vavle i suppose.
Tip over sensor in my older bike simply shut the bike off completely. Just like the kickstand sensor. I think it is more exhaust valve than the tip over sensor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
plan to bring mine to mechanic next week.. what should I ask them to check/fix?? dont wanna them to fix the wrong thing...
I would just have them run a standard diagnostics test. you may need to leave the bike there, as they will probably try to simulate the problem. Aside from that you should explain with as much detail as you can about the problem, as well as mention all the trouble shooting you have already attempted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did replacing the TOS fix the Problem?

I had a similar problem a little while ago with my K6 600 but it was not as extreme as what you were describing but like you, no Fi light was coming on. I asked around and there was mention of the 02 sensor but then also bad fuel pressure resulting from a clogged/dodgy fuel filter. I took her into the shop and had the doctors check the fuel pressure but she came out all clear, so still no answer to my problem.

So I then started to experiment with fuel as I realised that I had just started to use Mobil Synergy (premium) as one of my preferences around about the time this problem occurred. I used to only fuel up with BP ultimate (premium) and Caltex Vortex(premium). So.... I since stopped using the Mobil Synergy and unless it's just coincidence, my problem has stopped.

I would really like to hear how you go with your problem, I hope it's fixed. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
royaletp, have you manage to solve this problem? can you share the solutions?

·
Registered
184 Posts
So what came of this problem? What was the fix?
It sounds like I have the same issue.
After riding for a while and when my revs are around 4k I lose power (as in gas, all the power to the bike is on) and after 1 second it comes right back on.
It only happens around 4k RPM. Around 5K or higher I am fine and can ride all day.

I would love to know the outcome of what you guys have done.
My Exhaust Servo has been disconnected. My STVA is bypassed by removing the second butterflies, so I know those aren't causing the issues.

It just started yesterday.
It might be the fuel filter or the O2 Sensor, so I will look into those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forums. I have a 600 K8 with 5800 miles that just started showing the same symptoms. From what I have been reading it sounds like the O2 sensor issue. I am going to disconnect the O2 sensor wire this weekend and see if it solves the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys new to the forums
I ride a 2008 GSXR 600 I have had this bike for 2+ years. Bought it new. Havnt had a problem till just recently. Im hoping its not something isolated to this bike... and that it may be a known issue...

Background info...
This is my third bike, first time I bought one brand new.
I broke the bike in as per Owners Manual, serviced the bike on schedual all times. sitting at just under 18000km
I just replaced all the fluids and had everything check, also a new air filter only days ago.

I am getting a sudden loss of power, like the bike is bogging down, followed by a sudden burst of power. I have been able to trouble shoot this by closing the throttle once i feel a loss in power, and then resuming throttle. Or by pressing then relaesing the clutch.
The only problem is that it happens frequently and consistantly.
The problem also doesnt seem to start right away, but roughly 10 mins. into a fresh ride.
And there is NO fi Light.

I seem to have no problems with the bike in 1st or 2nd gear.
gears 3-6 however do. That also being said as long as i keep above 8000rpm i dont experience any loss of power.

3rd gear seems to be the worst. If i hold a steady speed between 4-7k/rpm it will all of a sudden begin to lose power from 7k/rpm to about 4k/rpm, it is then followed by a burst of power and an obvious almost violent jolt forward.
4th gear is almost the same as 3rd, with less of a jolt
5th again same with reduced jolt, usually begins loss of power arond 6k/rpm-6.5k/rpm
6th gear is by far the most bareable, usually dont experice any loss of power lower if i remain above 6.5k however it has happen. sometimes i cant even notice. I think it may be related with the speed.

Anyhow, as long as i stay above 8k/rpm im good, but this is really starting to worry me, as i have experienced this in the corners of turns in 3rd gear. also its really annoying when your just trying to cruise along at the speed limit.

I hope any of this information is usefull and that someone with superior knowledge can give me some advice and point me to a realted or similar issue that has been trouble shooted.

I am not opposed to taking it to the deealer or a certified M/C mechanic. just wanted to know if there is anything i could do to resolve the issue myself. And of course knowing what to expect to hear from the dealer/mechanic.
Thanks a bunch
Im having the same problem, but i didnt get as much help as you when i posted

21 - 40 of 65 Posts