Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Im having the same problem, but i didnt get as much help as you when i posted
Theres a fuel pump check according to your manual, your suppose to disconnect the pump fuel supply line and run it into a bucket for a certain amount of time. If the fuel is at the appropiate level your good if not well its bad. What you have to watch out for is any sputtering. This can indicate the gas tank vent is clogged so when you ride the gas tank creates suction and has to obtain air to replenish the vacume. Sounds kinda crazy ecspecially with a fuel pump but a buddy of mine had this problem with his VW jetta. Always ran funny if he drove but than was fine whenever he filled up allowing the vaccume to replenish its space when he opened the gas cap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Disconnected the O2 sensor line. Rode it 20 miles to work. The bike runs like new and the engine is running cooler. Of course the FI light is now on.

Unbelievably the O2 eliminator I just received from Orient Express uses the wrong connector. On my K8 the connector going to the sensor is female. The connector going to the ECM is male. The exact same connector on the O2 eliminator. WTF? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You disconnected the O2 sensor from what, the ECM? The guy before me took the O2 sensor off because he put on a jardine pipe and I am still having this issue.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would not USE PREMIUM in 600 bikes.. NEVER! It dont do shit except make your intake valves gunked up and shit. Always use 87 octane in 600 bikes.

Your mechanic is wrong.. Tip over sensor has nothing to do with the power of Acceleration.. BAd 02 sensor or Exhaust valve sensor.. those 2 choices..

TPS needs to be in the middle.

Id say Change ur plugs to NGK irdiums!

·
Registered
266 Posts
When was the last time you had your throttle bodies SYNC'D? I'd put money that that is the issue from personal experience! Iridium plugs aren't necessary and they're expensive, but they have a much longer life than the standard plug. Plugs and throttle bodie sync should be performed every 7,000 miles

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well I just took my bike up to the shop to finally find out what was wrong with it. They all my issues were coming from some cut wires on the harness and it wasn't grounding out properly. My bike was grounding out near the gas tank which could cause an explosion.

I had a C28 error code and this issue with the 4K RPM issue, so the Factory Mechanic said if we put in a new harness it would fix all my issues. He said that the STVA was getting power but it was not grounded so it wasn't working properly. He said that the injectors might be acting up because of the grounding as well, so this might be causing the 4K RPM issue.

They have ordered a new wiring harness and I should have the bike back later this coming week and I will let everyone know if this fixed the problem. If it doesn't, I am taking it right back to them and letting them know.

Fingers Crossed!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys new to the forums
I ride a 2008 GSXR 600 I have had this bike for 2+ years. Bought it new. Havnt had a problem till just recently. Im hoping its not something isolated to this bike... and that it may be a known issue...

Background info...
This is my third bike, first time I bought one brand new.
I broke the bike in as per Owners Manual, serviced the bike on schedual all times. sitting at just under 18000km
I just replaced all the fluids and had everything check, also a new air filter only days ago.

I am getting a sudden loss of power, like the bike is bogging down, followed by a sudden burst of power. I have been able to trouble shoot this by closing the throttle once i feel a loss in power, and then resuming throttle. Or by pressing then relaesing the clutch.
The only problem is that it happens frequently and consistantly.
The problem also doesnt seem to start right away, but roughly 10 mins. into a fresh ride.
And there is NO fi Light.

I seem to have no problems with the bike in 1st or 2nd gear.
gears 3-6 however do. That also being said as long as i keep above 8000rpm i dont experience any loss of power.

3rd gear seems to be the worst. If i hold a steady speed between 4-7k/rpm it will all of a sudden begin to lose power from 7k/rpm to about 4k/rpm, it is then followed by a burst of power and an obvious almost violent jolt forward.
4th gear is almost the same as 3rd, with less of a jolt
5th again same with reduced jolt, usually begins loss of power arond 6k/rpm-6.5k/rpm
6th gear is by far the most bareable, usually dont experice any loss of power lower if i remain above 6.5k however it has happen. sometimes i cant even notice. I think it may be related with the speed.

Anyhow, as long as i stay above 8k/rpm im good, but this is really starting to worry me, as i have experienced this in the corners of turns in 3rd gear. also its really annoying when your just trying to cruise along at the speed limit.

I hope any of this information is usefull and that someone with superior knowledge can give me some advice and point me to a realted or similar issue that has been trouble shooted.

I am not opposed to taking it to the deealer or a certified M/C mechanic. just wanted to know if there is anything i could do to resolve the issue myself. And of course knowing what to expect to hear from the dealer/mechanic.

Thanks a bunch
My bike is doing the EXACT same thing in every way that you've described! My bike started doing it a 5,000 miles and has gotten worse as the temp has increased. I have 6,500 miles on it now and it's been happening a lot more frequently lately. It seems to happen when it is above 80 degrees out. . . have you noticed the temp being a factor? Also, do you have the stock exhaust on your bike? Mine has a shorty exhaust, but otherwise is completely stock. Have you solved it yet?! If not, any info would still be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I just took my bike up to the shop to finally find out what was wrong with it. They all my issues were coming from some cut wires on the harness and it wasn't grounding out properly. My bike was grounding out near the gas tank which could cause an explosion.

I had a C28 error code and this issue with the 4K RPM issue, so the Factory Mechanic said if we put in a new harness it would fix all my issues. He said that the STVA was getting power but it was not grounded so it wasn't working properly. He said that the injectors might be acting up because of the grounding as well, so this might be causing the 4K RPM issue.

They have ordered a new wiring harness and I should have the bike back later this coming week and I will let everyone know if this fixed the problem. If it doesn't, I am taking it right back to them and letting them know.

Fingers Crossed!!!
I hope that your problem gets solved, so that we would at least have 1 legitimate solution to this problem. Please post the results as soon as possible! Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I should have posted on this thread as well that my issue was fixed.
Sorry...

My bike was not grounded correct, but what actually caused my bike to cut the RPM's and the loss of power was from my kickstand spring. The spring was really loose and at certain RPM's the bike's vibration would cause the spring to expand just enough to cause the bike's engine to lose power (RPM's drop) but the electrical power on the bike stayed on.

The dealership failed to find this issue, I happend across it. I even spent $ on them to find out what the issue was. They blamed it on the bike not being tuned to the aftermarket exhaust I have.

The dealer failed and they suck!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I should have posted on this thread as well that my issue was fixed.
Sorry...

My bike was not grounded correct, but what actually caused my bike to cut the RPM's and the loss of power was from my kickstand spring. The spring was really loose and at certain RPM's the bike's vibration would cause the spring to expand just enough to cause the bike's engine to lose power (RPM's drop) but the electrical power on the bike stayed on.

The dealership failed to find this issue, I happend across it. I even spent $ on them to find out what the issue was. They blamed it on the bike not being tuned to the aftermarket exhaust I have.

The dealer failed and they suck!!!
The kickstand spring. . . are u sure? What did you do to fix it? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am I sure? Yes, ever since I have replaced the kickstand assembly I have not had one issue.
My kickstand spring is strong as hell, but just for good measure I added a rubber foot to where the kickstand meets the sensor, to make sure the button is pushed up as far as it can go. . . didn't fix anything. You're problem must not have been the same as the one in this thread. My bike is doing exactly what the guy who started this thread's bike is doing. I was driving this morning and I lost power 5 times in a row in 4th gear at 5k rpm's!

I wish that you would have been right!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry that this didn't work for you.
I was right for myself and a few of us.
Keep searching, you will more than likely find your answer here or someone on the web.
I found my answer on another forum and the guy had a CBR600RR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Suzuki's Answer To This Issue

Hello everyone, new guy here to GSXR.com, I have been doing some research on this not because I have the same problem but I am trying to help a friend that does. I have been searching the Suzuki Technical Service Bulletins and I found this:

http://everythinggsxr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/asmc_009055.pdf

This came from:

http://everythinggsxr.com/service-b...oss-due-to-intermittent-ho2-sensor-operation/

I certainly hope that this is the answer to your problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, new guy here to GSXR.com, I have been doing some research on this not because I have the same problem but I am trying to help a friend that does. I have been searching the Suzuki Technical Service Bulletins and I found this:

http://everythinggsxr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/asmc_009055.pdf

This came from:

http://everythinggsxr.com/service-b...oss-due-to-intermittent-ho2-sensor-operation/

I certainly hope that this is the answer to your problems.
I will be taking this bulletin to my dealer tomorrow to see if the will honor the warranty. I will let everyone know what they tell me, and I will definitely post the results if in fact I have the O2 sensor replaced!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My buddies bike had very similar issues to those described here. The issue in the end was a bad connection at the battery. I hope this helps...

41 - 60 of 65 Posts