Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to this forum after long time lurking around. I’m from Oz and had a few gixxers in my time.
Reason for this post, after searching around I can’t find an answer.

Just bit the bullet and installed M4 Brembo calipers on my k9 600 (genuine units not late model Brembo). Bike has braided lines, brembo supersport rotors, Accosato 19mm MC.

Bled the crap out them, done all the tricks, I’m just finding I have a lot of lever play before initial bite compared to the tokico units.

Anyone that’s installed these and running a similar 19mm MC find this is typical? I’m assuming due to the piston size increase it could be just how things are. Quick test ride and damn that rear wheel nearly wants to come off the ground so my braking markers are going to change.
In the pics you’ll see where the lever sits with the zip tie, that’s basically the point the pads grab.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brembo recommend the 19RCS with these calipers (which my Accosato is same spec). Don’t get me wrong, I think if I pull the lever back as far as I have in the photo I’ll be flipping the bike.
See how it goes in a few weeks when I’m back at the track, sure I’ll get used to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, very helpful. I’ll give it a go in a few weeks time and see how things feel. Maybe once the z04’s are scrubbed and I get some decent heat into them I may get some more feeling. If not might swap some mc’s with mates and see if I can find the right combo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts