Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Keep it or paint it ???? That is thow question

3K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  newbie 
#1 ·
Keep it like this ...... Or flat black ??? And when i do it flatblack there will be no stickers..

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I know everyone likes the flat black, I have yet to see any of it that still looks good a year or so down the road. most of flat blacks are a single stage paint, it is one of the cheapest paints around. The trouble is when you go to clean it, or remove the bugs that often your cleaning will make shiny spots on the cowl.. I have found that if you use a heavy metalic, dark gray or charcoal or even a titanium color that it will keep it's look a lot longer, I use a regular single stage paint and then mix in a matt clear, this will give you some body and protection compared to just the flat color. I have attached a picture of one of the colors I shot using the mixing method of the two types of paint, I sent this to the customer just to show the match. This is off an 05 R1 with 2 miles on it before it went down. the color is still flat but will wear three times longer than the factory stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.