Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

Today I tried to turn my GSX-R125 on and for some reason the blue light of the keyless ignition won't turn on when I press the key once as it should, so I can't turn the key. I can however turn my bike on by manually inputting my key's code, so said light and the ignition switch work, as well as the switch itself. Once running, the check engine light turns on (and stays on) and the dash shows the F I signal as well. I have no idea if this could be the keyless communicator not being recognised, a problem with the ignition switch, a fuse... Communicator has batteries and I just installed a new one on the bike as well thinking that was the issue, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Just last night I drove it and everything was working fine, although I did have a remote controller for a garage door on the same pocket as the keyless communicator. Manual says that could cause problems, so I thought it useful to mention.

I have also tried with the spare key (which shouldn't employ the keyless system?) and had to go through the manual process as well.

The manual process is quite inconvenient (looks like I'm stealing my own bike!) plus I'm planning to sell it in the near future, so I'd love to fix this. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I pushed the key in and out a bunch of times as well as pressing the button on the communicator. The switch is now working fine (no need for manual ID input), but I still have the Check Engine light on and the FI on the screen. The error code is C42. I've tried clearing codes by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but it still pops up. I'll check the cables for the ignition switch in the coming days since it seems plausible that there could be a poor connection or issues with the plug. If that doesn't work, I'll take it to a garage or a dealership

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
The c42 is something about the ignition switch FS.
Sorry I don't have more for you, maybe some of the guru's here will chime in soon I hope?

Reactions: boscodomingo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update #2: Today the indicator light from the switch blinked quickly and for a while after turning off my bike, which was a sign of low battery in the communicator. I changed said battery (CR2032) and voilà! No Check Engine light, no FI code. Everything works as expected and I can't be happier.

Thank goodness it was such a silly thing, but quite overblown in my opinion from Suzuki to make such a fuss which made me think something much worse was going on with a perfectly good bike! I hope this can help someone else in the future 👍🏻

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7
26 Posts
Good outcome, thanks for posting. Always check the simplest things first.
Where is this battery CR 2032 ? Can we have a pic of where this communicator is ? Thanks. 😁

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7
26 Posts
Ahh, Thanks for good pics, that's a remote control lock like we have had for cars for over 20 years. This is interesting, how does the steering lock work ? Electronic ? Of-course this doesn't stop three blokes from picking your bike up and throwing it in their pickup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh, Thanks for good pics, that's a remote control lock like we have had for cars for over 20 years. This is interesting, how does the steering lock work ? Electronic ? Of-course this doesn't stop three blokes from picking your bike up and throwing it in their pickup.
The steering lock is mechanical, I would guess. You simply turn the ignition switch to the Lock position after turning the handlebar all the way to the left. Can't move the key unless the communicator is nearby, so it stays in that position. As you say, won't stop people from picking it up and taking it, but it'll deter most petty thieves

1 - 8 of 8 Posts