we run we can dragknees through all the good corners traffic permiting we
have noticed alot of the riders who want to ride with us have not mastered
this concept They can all do wheelies and stoppies but the concept of
fast cornering is alittle lost we were wondering if any one out there wanted
to learn how to corner and drag there knee with out having to go to a
Track Day or $1000 Riding School. And neither one of them gaurantee that
your going to get it down What we found was important was having a safe
confidence inspiring environment to practice Write in with thoughts or
comments or if your interested in learning more on this subject.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
if you were in so. cali i'd be down, but yer pretty far away

·
Registered
29 Posts
ive only been riding for about two months the most ive done is wheelies and stoppies, i havent gotten into the fast cornering yet one of my good friends broke his back that way but he just got a new bike so im sure he will have me in the twisties soon

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Any jackass can drag a knee..... dragging a knee and going fast are to different things.

If you have EVER scraped your stock pegs, you could have drug knee, if you were trying.

Trying this on the street is dangerous though... for one the first time a puck touches down it is liable to scare the SHIT out of you. Then there are the unpreped roads, and road debris you have to worry about, not to mention trees and cars and houses and deer and possums and armadillos and squirels and pine cones and rocks and sand....... you get the idea yet.

Save the VERY fast shit for the track. You want to burn a turn in the mountains it is all good, you want to drag a knee and be a racer, do it..... AT THE TRACK

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree, but the majority of people I know do not have the money to get their bikes track worthy and getting the license and everything else that goes along with track riding. I do the majority of riding by myself, and back in 96, I used to go out around 6am with no one on the road and I would take this one off ramp that went into a figure 8 and wrapped back around......basically practicing until I was comfortable scrapping puck!! I always loved corning, but had no where to do it until I cam across that one off ramp that was perfect for it. I totally agree that most of the stuff we do should be for the track, but when you do not have the means to get a track, unfortunatly the only place left is the road in which we drive on ever day. Its a chance we take, but when you think about it anything can happen anywhere, and although the road is not as controlled as a track, if you find the right spot to "Cut up" you can actually have a little fun and be some what safe. Just my 2 cents.

Motojoe_23 said:
Any jackass can drag a knee..... dragging a knee and going fast are to different things.

If you have EVER scraped your stock pegs, you could have drug knee, if you were trying.

Trying this on the street is dangerous though... for one the first time a puck touches down it is liable to scare the SHIT out of you. Then there are the unpreped roads, and road debris you have to worry about, not to mention trees and cars and houses and deer and possums and armadillos and squirels and pine cones and rocks and sand....... you get the idea yet.

Save the VERY fast shit for the track. You want to burn a turn in the mountains it is all good, you want to drag a knee and be a racer, do it..... AT THE TRACK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yo moto just if you didnt know you dont have to go fast to get your knee
down And by the way I have drug my pegs and lower fairing fast on a
race track and slow in a school parking lot If you read close I said it was
important to have a safe place to practice When we run on the street its
on low traffic times and the turns we use for knee dragging can be seen
through I would never suggest doing this on blind turns So dont be so angry
you will get it down one day But watch out for those Armadillos We dont
have them where I live

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts