Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a pair of Handroids. Haven't had a chance to ride with them yet but they have a ton of protection, fit great, and feel comfortable. Anyone have good or bad experience with these (crash tested). I'm guessing they would hold up pretty well and do their job.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have been wearing Handroids basically since they came to market and am a huge fan. I think I currently own 3 pairs. I am absolutely BRUTAL on gloves, I mean terrible, but they continue to hold up after all the abuse I put them through.

I have crash tested them, multiple times :p

The scapphoid protection is an amazing thing and I am convinced has kept me from having some really serious hand injuries over the years.

I like the BOA system on it, it really makes the gloves, well, fit like a glove and not like a giant block of protection on the end of your hands.

Overall I think you will be very pleased with them. One thing I will say is that they tend to run small so I always order a size bigger; I am a L in most gloves but I order XL for Handroids. Be sure they fit you comfortably before you ride in them in case you have to exchange them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's just the information I was hoping to hear. I ordered my normal size (medium) and they fit very snug. The fingers are just the right length, not too long like many I've tried on. I'm hoping they loosen up just a bit and they will be perfect. By the time I make it back to Barbers next month I should have this accomplished.
My next replacement gear hopefully will be some Sidi Vertigo boots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here, the fingers are not too long but they are very snug. Mine haven't loosened up very much, but I'll happily put up with it for the level of protection they offer (and not having an extra 1/2" of glove at my fingertips).

·
Premium Member
8,568 Posts
A friend of mine has been looking for gloves to hopefully avoid another scaphoid injury.

He just got a pair of Handroids and also found the length good but the seams on the inside caused pain on his knuckles after an hour wearing them.

He is going up one size to see if that works.

Or will try another brand.

·
Registered
661 Posts
That's just the information I was hoping to hear. I ordered my normal size (medium) and they fit very snug. The fingers are just the right length, not too long like many I've tried on. I'm hoping they loosen up just a bit and they will be perfect. By the time I make it back to Barbers next month I should have this accomplished.
My next replacement gear hopefully will be some Sidi Vertigo boots.
Handroids are titties!! I love mine.

FWIW, mine were super tight when I first got them... like to the point of where they were so uncomfortable I almost returned them. However I gave them a chance and after a couple rides they started to break in and loosen up. Now they fit "like a glove"

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,702 Posts
Hmm I don't *need* gloves right now but I had a scaphoid break several years ago and it sucked. I think the worst pain I've ever been in was trying to bend my fingers again after keeping them immobilized for weeks. And I've had a lot of other bodily trauma. :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts