Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
SuperMod of the North
28,440 Posts
You could have ordered something but you did it yourself in stead, way more street cred in that. Pretty badass to be honest. Given the choice I'd rather have fully functional fabbed parts on my bike that sparkly store bought stuff. That was a complex job, most people couldn't get their head around the shapes let alone measure for them. If anyone says different hand them your welder and say "Have at it". Fairly sure they will shut up quick.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Every once in a while I like to get out of my comfort zone and see what I can do.
Still have a ways to go on track, though to get where I want to be.
3 crashes and a busted clavicle, I am trying.

·
SuperMod of the North
28,440 Posts
If you ain't wreckin, you ain't racin.

Reactions: JCW

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Added front and rear mounts. It finally can be mounted on the bike!

Then bought a couple rubber stopper and hammered a nail through the top one then passed a needle inflator with a hand pump to manually pressurize the tank to look for leaks.
Rather effective. I would mark 5 pinholes, go weld them, come back and find 5 more, etc. I worked on this all day on/off. Maybe took 6-7 trips and 30+ patch welds but I got her sealed up!!

Did a little photoshop comparison between the stock and this tank.

·
SuperMod of the North
28,440 Posts
Damn fine work Sir. Nice trick with the air pump!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Anyone got some fiberglass skillz?

Trying to decide if I should just coat this and fiberglass the final product or go through the mold making process... it doesn't have to be perfect.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 · (Edited)
I just put on new-to-me calipers I've had laying around last year. an older gen gp4rr.

The calipers didnt feel too much different riding around on the streets than the m4's I replaced but i had the m4 system set up and bled so well, they were the best brake system I had ever used.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

I should be arrested for how bad the bike looks, but man this thing rocks right now. Time to get my butt back on the track. I just hope I don't get too much shit for my tank...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

I also finally welded an extension to the sidestand. It's so nice to have a functional sidestand again.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts