Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
In this instant gratification world, I have become used to getting things promptly 99% of the time.

I get pissed when i get told to pull over in slot 2 at McDonalds, right?

But, these past few instances have gone beyond that. In MSM case, a simple note or if he cant type, a call would have sufficed to keep the consumer if not happy then at least not totally in the dark.
Instead, he thinks it is ok to accept payment then offer no communication at all for over a month.

In the end, making it right to me isnt giving me a refund on money that has been in his hands for a month unless he returns it with interest.

I'll have to check again, but I do not see anywhere on his website where it says his products will take time to ship. But I might have missed it.

Hey JCW. I wanted to let you know, that PainfullySlo (Michael, owner of MSM) made an appearance on the ZX6R forums, after another guy had voiced a similar concern. I know you weren't the only one waiting on a product when you voiced your concern, as I along with some others are waiting on levers. As I really like his product
(have his levers on my ZX6R), I had every intention to wait as long as I could. I knew that Michael would make it right in the end. I think you should follow this link over to the ZX6R forums. It will give you updated contact information, and the story as to why you didn't receive your parts.

Mad Scientist Moto - ZX6R Forum

Best of luck to you. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wow!

I followed the link to the ZX6R forum- thanks for that, AND

HIt the active topics tab- and BAM! People actually post on that forum!
Kudos to the Kawi guys and gals over there.

Today, I was looking for another forum, besides this, or Jizzer.com,
Under 'sport bike forums', all the top ones listed barely had any threads form the last few weeks to months.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Paypal just refunded my payment. He didn't respond to paypal's emails either. No communication. No product.
In the end, I had no choice in my mind.

You have more patience than I.
You are a better man than I.

I have decided not to deal with him.

Question- Does he machine these parts himself? If not, not sure why the prolonged delay for everyone. If so, it should be made clear products will not be delivered until he is able.
Doesn't that just make sense????

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

My phone really takes crappy pics. And my garage is a mess.

I'm almost used to looking at the bike naked.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Kinda funny that 1/2 the replys were people hitting him up for discounted inventory.

I paid full price...

In this instant gratification world, I have become used to getting things promptly 99% of the time.

I get pissed when i get told to pull over in slot 2 at McDonalds, right?

But, these past few instances have gone beyond that. In MSM case, a simple note or if he cant type, a call would have sufficed to keep the consumer if not happy then at least not totally in the dark.
Instead, he thinks it is ok to accept payment then offer no communication at all for over a month.

In the end, making it right to me isnt giving me a refund on money that has been in his hands for a month unless he returns it with interest.

I'll have to check again, but I do not see anywhere on his website where it says his products will take time to ship. But I might have missed it.

Hey JCW. I wanted to let you know, that PainfullySlo (Michael, owner of MSM) made an appearance on the ZX6R forums, after another guy had voiced a similar concern. I know you weren't the only one waiting on a product when you voiced your concern, as I along with some others are waiting on levers. As I really like his product
(have his levers on my ZX6R), I had every intention to wait as long as I could. I knew that Michael would make it right in the end. I think you should follow this link over to the ZX6R forums. It will give you updated contact information, and the story as to why you didn't receive your parts.

Mad Scientist Moto - ZX6R Forum

Best of luck to you. Good luck with your build.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I think that's pretty common for winter.
I just dont even slightly feel the need to even go over there.
Guess I've out grown all that entails.:0001136745-huh:
This site has the best members of any site I've been to. Quality over quantity. :smile

·
Registered
80 Posts
Paypal just refunded my payment. He didn't respond to paypal's emails either. No communication. No product.
In the end, I had no choice in my mind.

You have more patience than I.
You are a better man than I.

I have decided not to deal with him.

Question- Does he machine these parts himself? If not, not sure why the prolonged delay for everyone. If so, it should be made clear products will not be delivered until he is able.
Doesn't that just make sense????
JCW,

Honestly, I typically don't have patience for a product. However, because I do like his levers, I had an idea that something was going on in his personal life after a bad accident, it isn't riding season yet here, and lastly, because I don't want to shell out $200 for a set of nice levers when I can get a nice set for $60. It it was riding season, or If it was any other vendor, I would be pissed.

As for your second question. I think he had teamed up with another guy who was doing the machining for him. At the end of the day, I am not real sure what happened here, other then the business will be shutting down, and outstanding orders will either be fulfilled or refunded.

Hopefully you were able to get your parts somewhere else for a reasonable cost.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
JCW,

Honestly, I typically don't have patience for a product. However, because I do like his levers, I had an idea that something was going on in his personal life after a bad accident, it isn't riding season yet here, and lastly, because I don't want to shell out $200 for a set of nice levers when I can get a nice set for $60. It it was riding season, or If it was any other vendor, I would be pissed.

As for your second question. I think he had teamed up with another guy who was doing the machining for him. At the end of the day, I am not real sure what happened here, other then the business will be shutting down, and outstanding orders will either be fulfilled or refunded.

Hopefully you were able to get your parts somewhere else for a reasonable cost.
Im running Pazzo levers on my trackbike, no problems and I like them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAZZO-LEVERS-FOR-SUZUKI-GSXR-1000-2007-2008-Shorty-Levers/250445931349?epid=654833549&hash=item3a4fbda355:g:SzIAAOSwQYZWvSpc&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)

Put together the bodywork from the crushed box from Slovenia...

This is my second set of race bodywork I’ve installed myself, so I'm not all that experienced, but my impressions...
Fit was really crappy. I felt I was going to crack the one piece upper fiberglass trying to get that right side pulled back far enough to the frame mounting point. Worst part of the kit.
Gap between the upper and lower was a little excessive and poorly finished.
The lower bellypan while it fitted was too close to the headers and rear tire. And just looked OK.
The edges of the front fender and the upper fairing windscreen cutout were not cut well and looked asymmetrical.
The superbike tail fit was nice, though. Best part of the kit.

Need to get some simple lights installed to get some street time before trackdays start.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Sorry to hear but guess it proves why Sharkskinz/Armour Bodies, etc is worth it over eBay overseas crap. Probably will shatter like stained glass in a tipover too. :|

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Finished up my license plate/taillight bracket...

Just need to figure how to mount some lights and I'll be sort of street legal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm assuming that bodywork was less expensive then lets say "hotbodies or armour bodies" I can't believe that stuff wasn't destroyed with the way that box looked. Are you planning on riding this thing on both the track and street? If so, any particular reason for the track plastics when your just going to mount lights to it?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
If I knew of a reliable company that produces street plastics with light cutouts, I might have gone that way. But I wasn’t aware. Not saying they don’t exist, I just didn’t find one. Although to be honest I wasn’t looking that hard. I do want this to be primarily my track bike. I’m just not good enough to show up on the bike and ride fast. I need as much seat time to practice different things. This year, I’m going to get the brake/downshift/throttle blip perfected. Keep working on body position and peg weighting and really focus on corner entry set up.

I also really wanted a fairing set that had the integrated superbike tail/seat unit. I cut a foam pad yesterday and glued it on. Went on an extended ride for more than 5 minutes for the first time this year. Looks OK, felt fine.

So, I still DO have an open order with Armour Bodies. But they haven’t delivered since I placed the order last October. April is the next “possible” date for their superbike set. I ordered this eBay set in a panic when they postponed it last month.

I wanted everything easily detachable that wasn’t essential for the track, and I’ve no doubt saved additional weight. IMO, it seems every 5-10 pounds this bike loses, it feels better and better.

Oh, yeah, when I lowsided, I replaced the damaged parts with OEM. Only one side got damaged and was able to salvage many parts and whole right side. OEM prices hurt still. This second crash, I managed to break EVERY SINGLE fairing piece on both sides. No way could I afford OEM.

Last thing are the rearsets. Man, I’ve been dreading this. Just so expensive for something the stock ones do just fine. But, my legs are too damn short to really be in a good position on the tank for the track. I think it also hinders my ability to get my leg and knee pointed out as well on entry and mid corner. I’m looking to go extreme track, so I’ve put in an order for the Sato Racing race version rearsets.

Before someone asks, even though they aren't technically listed for the 2011-16 GSXR600/750, they can be made to adapt with just a little grinding and relieving of aluminum... I hope ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)

All that was required was filing down a small ridge on the backside of the frame at the upper rearset mount to make it flat with the mounting surface. Probably 1-2mm wide, 1mm high.

The rearsets are set at the third from the highest setting.

The rear brake master cylinder is held by red locktight 4mm socket head bolts. If you don't use heat, I bet the chances of rounding the allen head is high. Enough heat, and the bolt just spins out with no effort.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

Took a cut off wheel/grinder to the passenger peg mounts and death hook.

fabbed up a little brake reservoir bracket.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts

Took a cut off wheel/grinder to the passenger peg mounts and death hook.

fabbed up a little brake reservoir bracket.
That tail looks nice man. I opted for stock seat just because I've had herniated discs in my lower back.
IMO, the two main things to work on for starters are REALLY learning the track lines and body position. Braking and shifting after that. Just my 2 cents. With proper body position, corners are far easier.

41 - 60 of 133 Posts