Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all new guy here so go easy on me :)
Right currently riding a mt .but I'm hating wind blast and handing isn't upto much ether really. So looking at going back to sports bikes again.
Im 6ft 2 15 stone ish :)
I had k4-k5 600cc fitted fine 5 year ago
K2 1000cc fitted fine 1000cc is too much for me on road I feel I can ride smaller cc alot better so disregarding liter bike.
Sold my k4 600cc and Brought a k6 600cc and sold it 3 weeks laters as it felt so small compared to k5/4. So my question is have the l5 600cc 2015/16 have they changed from much k6 ?? If seating good for tall guy .Do any of you guys 6ft plus ride em? If so how do you find them ? Reason I'm asking here as there are none local to me to go try/sit on plus lockdown where I live
Thanks 馃槉 any help greatly received

Super Moderator
For what it is worth, I'm 6'1" on a K6 750 and don't feel cramped. I did move the bars out as wide as they could go without hitting the fairing at full lock and moved the pegs down.

Reactions: Suzistu

Premium Member
I am also 6'1" and also felt more comfortable on my K5 than the K6s I've had over the years. I could ride the K5 for several hours at a time without cramping at all. When I first got my first K6 600, I immediately noticed it felt smaller than the K5. I also noticed that it handled better.

Anyway, back to your actual question: the L5 600 I rode once felt very similar to my K6 in terms of size and handling and everything else. There wasn't nearly as much change that I could feel compared to the amount of change from K5 to K6 600s.

My K3 SV650 feels much closer in size to the K5 GSXR, though to be fair I haven't ridden a K5 in over 15 years now. But it might give you another sporty bike to consider as long as you don't want to go super fast.

SuperMod of the North
Are you set on a newer bike? Why not look for another K5? That said, you can also look into adjustable rear sets and even bar risers if you want to go that route.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Are you set on a newer bike? Why not look for another K5? That said, you can also look into adjustable rear sets and even bar risers if you want to go that route.
Yeah wanted something newer really and really like moto gp paint job blue 馃榾 and now they don't make 600 750 guess they gonna be harder to find soon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts