Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 gsxr 600 and just noticed what looks like oil near the shifter or out a screw on bottom of housing and my bike has only 8300 miles on it any idea what and why that could be

·
Premium Member
8,200 Posts
Welcome.

The most common cause of a "leak" in that area is slung chain lube. Clean the area thoroughly and watch it for awhile.

·
Registered
183 Posts
+1

We need a better description than "screw on bottom of housing". A pic or reference to a drawing in the parts fiche would help. Some screws have sealing washers.

As I recall, the transmission countershaft on my K6 1000 has a seal that is known to leak and replacement requires splitting the crankcase. It's close to the sprocket. But I think that they've redesigned that area on newer models to make replacement easier.

·
Registered
168 Posts
+1

We need a better description than "screw on bottom of housing". A pic or reference to a drawing in the parts fiche would help. Some screws have sealing washers.

As I recall, the transmission countershaft on my K6 1000 has a seal that is known to leak and replacement requires splitting the crankcase. It's close to the sprocket. But I think that they've redesigned that area on newer models to make replacement easier.
There is a seal from the clutch rod on my 03 1000 that requires the case to be split . Not sure about counter shaft though. Definitely a bad design on suzooks part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts