Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Guys! New to the Site. Glad to be here! Got a Rookie question for you. I have two flange hex bolts that I can't seem to figure out where they go. I have gone over the bike and am at a loss. Maybe someone can recognize them and shoot me a clue. I'd appreciate it! BTW They are for a 2005 GSX R600. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
What do I win if I guess correctly? :grin

I guess the question is "What have you had apart on the bike?"

They look like bolts that go through a rubber mount grommet. I've seen something similar used to hang the exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy I bought it from neglected the bike so I did a really good one over. I changed the oil and filter, coolant flush and new reservoir, new spark plugs, new fuel mesh filter, new rotors and pads, and a thorough cleaning. The fairings have all their bolts, and so does the seat.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Really don't have a scale to go on, but they look like the bolts that mount the gauge cluster, or the upper fairing to the stay.

·
Premium Member
8,217 Posts
So did you just find these bolts on the garage floor? I don't understand the story.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Factory seat bolts were aluminum. They had a big shoulder like that, but were just a huge button head and not a flange like that.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have to agree with John, and say they definitely go through a rubber grommet of sorts. I have to go with body panels somewhere. Tail section? Or like suggested, the tank?

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Hey, Guys! New to the Site. Glad to be here! Got a Rookie question for you. I have two flange hex bolts that I can't seem to figure out where they go. I have gone over the bike and am at a loss. Maybe someone can recognize them and shoot me a clue. I'd appreciate it! BTW They are for a 2005 GSX R600. Thanks!

Looks like lower fairing bolts, definitely goes thru a rubber grommet like others have said

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
All the body bolts are shiny with the exception of the two under the tail. All of them are button head. The only cap screws with a flange are on the gauge cluster. The flange is only about 16mm wide, so I think that's what these are. The top of the cluster clips on, and the bottom has these two bolts with grommets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts