Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
yo

hey man, i have a question that i really need answered. Im gonna be moving over there to indiana shortly but am unsure on if i should bring my bike or not. Isnt there only like six months through the year that you can ride it safely without snow/rain and such?? And during the winters what do you do with your bike?? Does anything on it freeze up or something like that?? Does the freezing weather damage it at all i guess????

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey man, I live here in indiana, yah we have alot of months you cant ride, i ride generally from the end of march till the middle of october. I just winterize my bike, no biggie. I love going to brown county to ride, its great.
My consnsus, bring your bike
jerome

·
Banned
641 Posts
there are so many bikes here in indiana its crazy! IN has some of the best most curvy and beautiful roads to ride on! Infact one of the reasons we dont have a helmet law is because there sre so many bikes that people are used to looking at them! i love riding in brown county. i usually stay in monroe county though! You would be stupid not to bring your bike! we may only get 6 months out of the year but the quality and scenery is so intence for those six months it makes it feel like two years anywhere else! plus insurance companys do a 6month on full coverage and six months on liability coverage extended throughout the entire year and you get better rates that way! hOPE TO RIDE WITH YOU GUYS SOON . Just keep me posted! i think the reason yellowmattman didnt respond is because he is banned from this site for something! :cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
whats up guys im pretty new to bloomington, and my riding buddy i had over the summer went to work for honda with an internship. ive got a custom painted gixxer 02, full yosh.rs3 w/carbon fiber pipe. 3r power commander 16/60 gearing( i kinda miss stock) i lowered the ride height and its making my wheelies real hard to predict so i might go back to stock or lift it back up. but its the fASTEST thing ive ever been on. anyway id love to meet some people here to ride with.. does anybody else live here in bloomington indiana? actually some girl laid my bike down 3 days ago(thank god for the frame sliders)i guess she just couldnt hold it up and it droppeed breaking the custom colered windscreen and the shift lever, both if which are in the mail and she did pay for it but i think i learned a good lesson. 65 bucks for the shift lever ;-(. somebody write back and tell me whats up in our neighborhood thanks retti.

·
Banned
641 Posts
I live in heatherwood mobile home park off of leanard springs rd. My phone number is 812-327-9643. I do custom paint jobs on motorcycles. I think i was in bloomington power sports when your rear sprocket came in . the guys showed it to me and laughed saying "somebody is having a hard time doing wheelies". Then they told me that it was a custom made sprocket. give me a call we will be riding soon. i can also help get your bike back where it needs to be, should you need it. Matt
:thumbup:

·
Registered
281 Posts
actually my sprocket came in the mail to me but thoses guys at power sports know me, i relly need someone who cam touch up these scratches. i gotta round up some money though. the bike is a 600 so it doesnt just raise up like the bigger bikes. i got the sprocket to keep up with them not to wheelie, but it did help. i lowered the ride height as much as it would go and that changed the way it rides and the way the weight is distibuted. that could be what is making it so hard? any help would be much apperciated my # 812-360-3580. im going to the pacer 76er game to night and staying there overnight. id like to show you the bike and let you ride it, give me a price or some pointers.....ill introduce you to some girls...lol if you want. we should ride on sunday!!!call or write my name is retti. thanks alot :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.