Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WANT TO SEE PICS!!!

this is dedicated to all the 1996-2000 SRAD bikes, the newer gixxers are well represented on this site but i dont see alot of bikes like mine...( not giving a shot to the newer gixxers if i had the money id have a newer one)

and any tips that people might have with these bikes performance and looks wise would be great.:thumbup:

so ill start it off, here is my baby 1996 750 :arsenal

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow, I'm actually really glad you started this thread. I see you both have 750's, can you tell me how you guys like them? Dislikes? What are things they constantly need? What should I look for if buying one? What are some things that definitely need to be changed? Anything you guys can think of! I would really appreciate it.

And keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wow, I'm actually really glad you started this thread. I see you both have 750's, can you tell me how you guys like them? Dislikes? What are things they constantly need? What should I look for if buying one? What are some things that definitely need to be changed? Anything you guys can think of! I would really appreciate it.

there is not much to do on these bikes....96-97 as long as you change your oil filter and oil...they would run very good.

every 6-7000 miles sycronized carburators every 12-15000 valve job depending on how your bike is running. i have 43000 miles on mine, still runs very strong...

98-2000 models are fuel injected....the maint...should be the same.

·
Registered
216 Posts

like zzgixxer said...oil obviously needs changed...as far as liking them i love them.... although my bike is 10 years old... it still looks great and since its a 750 i can still keep up with and whip on the newer 600's easy enough.... the only thing i didnt like was the headlight which is why i made my own.... and advice for looking for one...they can still be found with relatively low miles for pretty damn cheap ($3000) and definitely go with the 750 for this model... good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
like zzgixxer said...oil obviously needs changed...as far as liking them i love them.... although my bike is 10 years old... it still looks great and since its a 750 i can still keep up with and whip on the newer 600's easy enough.... the only thing i didnt like was the headlight which is why i made my own.... and advice for looking for one...they can still be found with relatively low miles for pretty damn cheap ($3000) and definitely go with the 750 for this model... good luck:thumbup:

now that you mentioned also......i just put my bike on the dyno last august...117 hp on the rear wheel.....i can keep up with any r6, zx6, cbr6 and gxsr6...believe me some times no competition at all.

the frames on these bikes were actually came from the replica of a motogp back in 95......even the brochures were copies of 92-95 Kevis Scwants bike...very similar. i have taken my bike to the track lots of times.....it handles very good on the track even with out a steering dampner...i want to get one though.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
My baby

Here she is, I've changed A LOT in the last month or two. Gotta get new pics and post em up.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here she is, I've changed A LOT in the last month or two. Gotta get new pics and post em up.

yo what's up!!!! you gotta take that bra off....show your colors. your bike is clean....put some high performance parts on that bike....we should get together.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Tank is white with Yoshimura Checkered Flag decals. I'm looking for a clean 97 750 tank but I'm not looking to spend over 200 so it's a waiting game. In the meantime the Lockhart Phillips Black Leather works. I have some performance stuff. Dynojet stage 2 jet kit, Full D&D, K&N filter and sprockets.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
ZZ Gixxer has no signals and no fender. You're looking at my bike. I do have flushmounts and I did make my own eliminator. I also have a dark tint ZG Double Bubble, a new front fairing, new rear signals, a carbon front fender, a rear hugger fender, and chrome ankle guards. Like I said above I need new pictures:bounce

·
Monster Truck Driver
6,530 Posts
Mine.... Still waiting to get her painted

·
Registered
216 Posts
ZZ Gixxer has no signals and no fender. You're looking at my bike. I do have flushmounts and I did make my own eliminator. I also have a dark tint ZG Double Bubble, a new front fairing, new rear signals, a carbon front fender, a rear hugger fender, and chrome ankle guards. Like I said above I need new pictures:bounce
yeah my bad i was looking at his quote :lol:

·
3,738 Posts
This is the first paint job on a bike. I think it turned out pretty nice and since then had plenty others but nothing compares to the 1st one you get:thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
So with the 750 is there any difference from 96-99? what are the best performance upgrades for it? How much are they? How much, for a totally clean bike, per mileage, should I pay?

1 - 20 of 337 Posts