Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My K5 GSXR1000 - #1.0- came to me with some aftermarket levers I always liked. So much so that I swapped them out with my K5 GSXR1000 #2.0!

The stock ones had an adjustment on the brake lever, not the clutch lever- I assumed those were stock.

Have you seen, do you know the manufacturer of these levers?
When I looked at them, I didn't see any brand names.

There is this symbol on the front of them? A trademark maybe:

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Most likely Chinese levers, most all your big brands have their name on them somewhere. But if they work well and survived your crash, they cant be all bad. :grin

Just make sure all the screws stay snug and dont get loose and there is no pivot bind.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Those are no-name Chinese levers. They came on my bike, and when I dumped them for CRG RC2 levers it was night and day difference. Honestly, even though they tried copying Pazzo, they're garbage compared to a quality set of levers and they don't feel anything like Pazzo levers.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most likely Chinese levers, most all your big brands have their name on them somewhere. But if they work well and survived your crash, they cant be all bad. :grin

Just make sure all the screws stay snug and dont get loose and there is no pivot bind.
They did survive that 'get off' well. They have always worked perfectly. I like them better than the stock ones that were on #2.0, now on @1.0.

Those are no-name Chinese levers. They came on my bike, and when I dumped them for CRG RC2 levers it was night and day difference. Honestly, even though they tried copying Pazzo, they're garbage compared to a quality set of levers and they don't feel anything like Pazzo levers.
Thanks Guys
That's what I needed to know.
So Nick, yours had that same funny symbol stamped on front of them?
I'm actually going to stay with them- as I've used them for thousands of miles without the slightest problem. I've read about the front brake lever binding up while riding locking up the front, etc.
Maybe they are a 'Good' knock off pair?

Again, thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I mean a CNC machine is a CNC machine. Doesn't matter where it is. Its the billet material that'll bite you.

Although if their CAD model sucks from the get-go then sure, the levers aren't going to be good no matter what.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
The only problems I've seen or heard of with Chinese levers was the clearance on the pivot bolt to lever hole.
If it ever binds up, your front brakes lock up, and some being delivered with loose screws holding the pieces together.
A little red loctite on small screws and bolts and making sure your pivot has enough clearance and grease is what's necessary.

I havent heard of breakage, but that's just me, not the bible. :wink

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, checked them out, cleaned and greased that plunger- globe- plunger- thingy where it goes into the pivot in the lever.
Was good before- but I was in there, so I 'serviced' it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts