Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I mentioned that Lil Red got a new roommate but I didn't want to show it off until I got to make it mine a lil bit. Well just as life goes I was thrown a wrench and my plans are moved to the back burner for now. Basically it was cold/good food or upgrades for the toy and of course the old lady said cold food so a new fridge it was...our's STB! So I'll show you how BBW(Big Bad Wolf) is going into hibernation for the winter with the promise of more to come soon, just wait for it!

one of the first days home:

note ripped seat and a basically stock bike

couple weeks later:

new seat and rear spools(first mod!:grin)

newest pic:

had to get rid of those cans, one way or another. Still looking to get a real exhaust but I have to say I like these things for now. Throw some baffles in to stop my BBW from screaming so loud. Also have the smoked/integrated tail light and front turn signals but didn't want to rip it apart without the other mods in hand.
short list to come:
short levers
power commander
TRE
pair valve delete
and a 1000 tail(bumped to the back burner for now)
she's an 03 GSXR1300R with less than 10k on the clock. going to try my best to not tag her with any Hayabusa themed stuff. I'll be dressing her as close to a GSXR has I can!!

Different world from the 600 but I still love my Lil Red!! figured BBW would be my weekend, highway/long haul ride while lil red will be my daily, mountain/twisty ride.

So what's the verdict?!? Can I stick around and play? Or am I kicked out of the sandbox?

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Look look, come spring I'm come through and disrespect Springfield riders lol. Looking good got my entire tail section and a few pieces hanging around. Nice pick up!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Congrats
Are you going to get it stretched??
maybe a small 2-4in stretch with a 240 tire at some point but not right away for sure!

Look look, come spring I'm come through and disrespect Springfield riders lol. Looking good got my entire tail section and a few pieces hanging around. Nice pick up!

lol come on thru my dude, been inviting you for years now! and I can say I'll be out that way more often next year too, got a reason to come out that way now:wink.
Stock tail tho right? looking to go with a 08 1000 tail asap!! or hey I'll ask, where did you get your tail? and believe me I'd never get the same one! and don't get me wrong I like yours but I'd like something different than yours if you know what I mean. I can't pull up on you on the same bike:headshake

I swear when I saw it at the price it was, I was like Pred is going to KILL ME!! I couldn't pass it up tho!

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
The tail section I have does not have the stock tails but may sell it as a completed up seeing that it goes with subframe too. That I'm not stuck with pieces laying around. Plus it that rear passenger bar too.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tail section I have does not have the stock tails but may sell it as a completed up seeing that it goes with subframe too. That I'm not stuck with pieces laying around. Plus it that rear passenger bar too.

WAIT?!?! the current tail off your busa? did I miss something or just doing it over?

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Negative its my old set up but yet not stock lol. I will take some pics on tha weekend. Or look up one of my bike of tha month builds from past.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Negative its my old set up but yet not stock lol. I will take some pics on tha weekend. Or look up one of my bike of tha month builds from past.

I'll do some digging to see what you got, definitely looking to change it. PM me some pics and a price when you have time.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A Busa is a big boy bike for sure but in stock form they will actually handle quite well.
lol yup turned 40 this year and figured it was time to put on my big boy pants:grin

So for me taking those cans off made all of the difference. Not sure what the actual weight difference is but you could feel it right away, handles way better now. still got to get used to sitting so low tho, not a big fan of that.

I rode a Busa years ago and said hey maybe one day, was trolling craigslist around my B-day, saw it and was like YUP today is that day! Happy Bday to me!!:devil Put a deposit down on it less than 2hrs after it was posted.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
That's my old rear end 996!

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
That exhaust looks so much like the Toce ones and I'm not a fan but anything is better that stock.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That exhaust looks so much like the Toce ones and I'm not a fan but anything is better that stock.
Yup exactly had to get rid of those cans asap! That would have been my first mod but the spools showed up first lol. basically just a knockoff of the Toce's at a 10th of the price. I didn't want to go with any of the single "dumps" (as I call them) but plan on going to a 4-2-1 system with a decent can(but probably chopped) asap. But the weight difference and handling difference was instant and amazing! I mean I went from feeling like I was riding a pig to riding lil red at stock weight.

So your old setup was basically stock with an undertail and a handle, probably going to do the undertail thing until I can do the swap(maybe next winter now ugh). Want to do the frame black at some point as well.

So performance wise, any suggestions? I have the TRE on order and a power commander(one site says V, another says 3) will be placed on order soon but looking to squeeze as much juice out of her without putting on a TURBO!!

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
I'm running off pc 5 with autotune. Big bore is on going just waiting at this point.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm running off pc 5 with autotune. Big bore is on going just waiting at this point.
What yr is your busa tho?I've been told that 99-07 run the PC3 and newer run the PC5 but again I'm being told 2 different things from 2 different sites. But the power commander site say PC5. So from my understanding and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, the PC5 requires a O2 sensor for feedback correct?...I don't believe I have an O2 sensor on my bike or at least I have not spotted one yet so i would need the PC3, correct?

What CC does the big bore kit bring you to?

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
My busa is an 02 so u should be fine on the pc5! 1397cc after big bore kit.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
The force is strong with Busa fam!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts