Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just picked up the bike and from the 100 mile drive home, the metal in the tires are showing. So I made an appt with a dealership, bought some ratchet straps and some metal ramps. I have a 2021 limited ram so I thought I was doing pretty well when I lowered the truck all the way down. I looked at it thinking, man this is nothing. I put my ramps up, and of course I ratcheted them down to the truck. So first attempt, the bald tire couldn't get traction and slid off the back end. Luckily I didn't drop the bike. After multiple attempts and stalling it out, I got the front tire into the truck. For the life of me I could not get the middle of the bike over the tail gate. I was burning rubber on the ramp. Finally a friendly neighbor came and gave me an assistant. What am I doing wrong? I hate looking like an idiot.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I realize you have new ramps, but they do make ramps with a slight curve in the middle to help too.'
I always do as John mentioned- I look around the immediate area for a hill or natural ramp of sorts, and back up to that. I've been lucky to where I didn't even need a ramp sometimes LOL.
Take your time, you'll be OK.
I've pushed it in, easier when it's nearly level or even going downhill some, or walk it up with the clutch in 1st, slowly. I use a twin ramp to stand beside on, or a box like a sturdy tool box to stand on while driving it up while standing beside it.
Lot's of ways to do it. Those work for me.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I bought a small tilt-bed trailer, no loading it in the pickup bed for me. Also stopped strapping down on the handle-bar & go to the triple-tree instead (this pic was on the trip home from the dealer when the wife asked what I was doing :LOL: ). Mirrored image makes it look like the chain/sprocket is on the wrong side lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts