Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new around here and im looking at getting a 90 gsxr 1100, i wanted to know what kinda stuff to look out for, like common problems etc. Its got 22,000 miles on it but the owner is a very well respected motorcycle drag racer in my area. Heres a copy of the ad. Price sounds fair from other ive talked to. Im not too familiar with bikes though so any advice would be great. Heres a copy of the ad he has posted.

2nd bike 1990 gsxr 1100 custom paint (blk/wht "marbled look") BRAND NEW TRANS. newer tires carbs just done lowered slightly bike currently has a vance and hines "sidewinder" drag pipe on it which you may or may not wanna change for sound? new plugs and wires and coils. bike was completely gone through and it rips for a "stock" bike. will dead hang with any new gsxr1000 or hayabusas now. ASKING $4500 obo

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
big bad black ss said:
Hi im new around here and im looking at getting a 90 gsxr 1100, i wanted to know what kinda stuff to look out for, like common problems etc. Its got 22,000 miles on it but the owner is a very well respected motorcycle drag racer in my area. Heres a copy of the ad. Price sounds fair from other ive talked to. Im not too familiar with bikes though so any advice would be great. Heres a copy of the ad he has posted.

2nd bike 1990 gsxr 1100 custom paint (blk/wht "marbled look") BRAND NEW TRANS. newer tires carbs just done lowered slightly bike currently has a vance and hines "sidewinder" drag pipe on it which you may or may not wanna change for sound? new plugs and wires and coils. bike was completely gone through and it rips for a "stock" bike. will dead hang with any new gsxr1000 or hayabusas now. ASKING $4500 obo
I don't think that bike is worth anywhere near $4000,

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
hang with a gsx1k he must have a 1216 kit in it and possbily flatslides or some big carbs. find out more details. He has a sidewinder on it which means its a dragbike. Ask for pictures but 4500 high for that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Heres a couple pics, i went and looked at the bike yesterday and it seems to run great. I know the guys been around these bikes for years and races them alot. He has a 91 gsxr750 with an 1100 motor done up to a 1216 and busa pistons on spray he races. That bikes flying. He said the 90 im looking at buying runs a 10.10-10.20 all day with his 250 lb ass on it. What the bike needs is a new windscreen and the birdcage is bent over from the bike being tipped over in the garage. Also the bottom part of the body is off due to the drag pipe. Othersise everything seems to be fine just needs a good cleaning. I tried posting the pics i have but they wont work for soem reason? The bottom body panel is off cause of the drag pipe right now also.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Yeah that bike is a either 1186 or 1216 and its over priced but only by 1500 or so. well i would pay 3k for it and be happy. THIS would not be a good everyday bike. Suspension etc not up to par with todays stuff. Take your 4k and buy another bike if you like to ride but if your into grudge racing or track fun you got ya self a lil bike. that bike should run low 9 seconds with just what ya have stated (provided its tuned). Hell I got a bike right now a 99 GSXR 750 (my girls old bike for 4k) lowered FULL M-4 Exhuast maintained by me and valved checked and adjusted no chrome or anything just strictly how suzuki wanted itrear hugger carbon fiber airducts front rear fenders $4k pictures if needed let me know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
im not getting the 91 with the 1216 and all the toys, im looking at the 90 1100 thats dropped a lil with some carb work and a drag pipe and new coils and a few otehr lil things. Should run low 10s after i get used to it. The only reason im getting this bike is cause the owners willing to trade my old bike a 86 yamaha radian YX600 and my old 89 bronco and some cash for it. Ive had problems getting rid of the bronco even though it has tons of $ invested, No one wants to pay for gas for a fullsize truck anymore? So im killing 3 birds with one stone. Selling my old bike my old truck and getting a new bike thats plenty for what i wanna do.

I just want a comfortable bike to cruise and have enough power to keep up with most bikes on the road if i want to. Im also 6'4" 275 so i like that the bikes pretty big. The newer bikes arent very comfortable for me. I was looking at cruisers but they are WAYYY too slow for my blood. Im used to drag racing cars and i think a bike should be faster then what todays cruisers are doing. My lil old 86 yamaha 600 rapes my buddys 2004 800cc suzuki volusia. I was thinking about a new 1100 v-star but its too damn slow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
princes i do like the TLRs but no cash for it now. Also on the 750 its been totalled and i dont want a bikje tahts been smashed up in the past. The $ for the bike is supposed to come from selling my old truck and my old bike, trucks not selling so im willing to trade it to this guy for the bike. I know many people that know him and he knows these bikes in and out and the bikes in great shape from what i hear from people that know him and the bike. It needs a lil TLC but tahts cool i like working on things anyway. Its either stare at my truck all summer and ride an old yamaha 600 that looks like a clown bike under me or get this bike. Im willing to take a lil hit and get the bike. Im gonna jew the cash amount down some after talking to you guys though.

·
Registered
706 Posts
big bad black ss said:
princes i do like the TLRs but no cash for it now. Also on the 750 its been totalled and i dont want a bikje tahts been smashed up in the past. The $ for the bike is supposed to come from selling my old truck and my old bike, trucks not selling so im willing to trade it to this guy for the bike. I know many people that know him and he knows these bikes in and out and the bikes in great shape from what i hear from people that know him and the bike. It needs a lil TLC but tahts cool i like working on things anyway. Its either stare at my truck all summer and ride an old yamaha 600 that looks like a clown bike under me or get this bike. Im willing to take a lil hit and get the bike. Im gonna jew the cash amount down some after talking to you guys though.
Well that sounds like it is going to work out really good for you then! Doing a trade is always cool when you get what you want. Good Luck getting your bike and have fun riding man!!! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.