Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
theres alot of people on here from texas i can't believe no one has responded yet, but they will soon. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I am in Austin Tx I am working on finishing my bike up.
Tuesday - hooters off Mopac (north)
W- Spechts (san antonio)
T- Jacks back yard (off IH-35)
F- wherever
S- wherever
Sunday - Where ever nice roads goto small town or something

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
im a little too far away to go ridin with yall, im about 5-6 hrs from you guys, hell maybe ill make a weekend out of it sometime

·
Registered
5 Posts
Riding around Austin

Looking for people to ride as well....just jumped into the Gixxer Scene...and have to say...I will never leave!!! Have a 02' 750 and it is more than I ever expected. I like to ride the lake area...I ride 1431 out towards Marble Falls...a lot of back roads....I am not the knee scraper yet...but can keep up with most. Would like to get out and ride with other gixxers...go figure the weather is not cooperating very well...but I try not to let the temp kill my fun.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey I Live South Of You All In Angleton And I Would Love To Get Together Some Time , But My Son Has Cancer And I Do Not Ride To Much And When I Do I Do Not Go That Far From Home You Know , We Just Had A Benift In Noveber At The Ice House, I Am Trying To Post Some Pic But They Are To Big, But I Will Work On It , I Would Love To Know Of Some Nice Rodes In Tx If You Have Any , Hit Me Back I Do Have Family Up In Killeen Belton Are So I May Get With You All Some Time And Yes This Is One Sweet Forum And I Think I Will Stick Around A While

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just moved to Round Rock from NoCal. I sold my 01 929 before I left, but I'm getting an 06 GSXR1000 next weekend in Houston (my brother works at a Suzuki dealer down there). If anyone in the area wants to wants to ride or has/knows a group that rides together let me know!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking to ride? I go riding with a couple buddies here in austin pretty much every weekend, and also during the week when we have time. Shoot me a message and let me know if you wanna go sometime. gsxr600, zx10, f4

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im also in the Austin area. I just got my first bike 03 600. Still learning, and would like to ride with some gixxers here in Austin. Let me know and we can met some where.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
I'm from Killeen/Fort Hood area but ride Austin/Lake Travis area alot. Roads like Limecreek Rd, 2222, 1431, 1741 (Bertam area), Park Rd 4 on Inks Lake, and a few good hill country twisties near me. I also do trackdays at Texas World Speedway, Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, TX, soon to open Motorsports Ranch-Houston, and the often hated but never duplicated Oak Hill Raceway.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Finally ATX riders !

Yeah, I need to find a group to ride with. None of my friends have bikes so I'm stuck. My roommate has a CBR (completely stock even though I tell him to clean it up), but he babies it too much. I've been riding for about 2 years now and I think I am well into my comfortable zone that I want to start learning some tricks. So to all in the ATX area, enough talkin let's set a date and meet somewhere! What are we waitin for?!!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Dreamlude said:
Yeah, I need to find a group to ride with. None of my friends have bikes so I'm stuck. My roommate has a CBR (completely stock even though I tell him to clean it up), but he babies it too much. I've been riding for about 2 years now and I think I am well into my comfortable zone that I want to start learning some tricks. So to all in the ATX area, enough talkin let's set a date and meet somewhere! What are we waitin for?!!
I am in austin, BUT i am going to break down my bike to go over it refresh the inside. If you see the bike in the pix around anytime just stop me :thumbup:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
I'm not a stunter at all, just a lowly racer/track rider that likes to drag a knee on Limecreek Rd every now and then.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I totally agree, I don't want to learn to be a stunt rider either. It is just that it is on my list of things to do while I have a bike, along with burnouts ( I don't even know how to do those ), wheelies, and stoppies. I'm not looking to do these professionally but would love to tell my kids one day that i did them.

Hope someone understands because you only live once ! :cool:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Burnouts...1. Grap a ton of front brakes. 2. Rev to about 10k-11k rpm. 3. Dump the clutch.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Best riding group in TX

You should look up the TSBA.org They are the best bunch of people that you will meet.

I used to be the San Antonio Chapter President. They also have chapters in Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Angelo and Killeen.

They will be glad to show you the Hill country. 100 mile loop is the best, especially if you do road 55. triple digit corners and perfect pavement. :thumbup:

Todd

1 - 17 of 17 Posts