Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I currently ride an 08 ninja 250r. I'm looking to upgrade to a 600. I am in the researching stage and hope that you guys would give me some advices and opinions. I don't have a preference on the manufacturer. I just want to get the best bike for the $$$. I've been looking around for the gsxr600, zx6r, R6 and cbr 600rr. Since I currently own a kawasaki, I do know a bit about the zx6r and the different generations.
Could someone break down the gsxr generations and the major differences.

Here's what I've found so far:

02 gsxr with 12k miles in excellence condition. New tires, brakes and clutch. It has undertail, flushmount, seat cowl, frame sliders and full akrapovic pipe. $4000 firm.
04 gsxr with 5200 miles and show room condition. Yoshi pipe, power commander, hotbodies, seat cowl, frame sliders. $4900 firm.

Is there a big difference between the 02 and 04?

03 R6 with 2100 miles. All stock for $4500.
05 R6 with 11k miles. High mount pipe for $4500
04 R6 with 4700 miles. Micron pipe, HID and frame sliders. $4900.

I've heard that yamaha tend to have transmission problems around 12k miles.
Is that true?
Any comments on these deals?

Thanks,
Tin

·
Registered
58 Posts
since you mentioned upgrade, I assume it'll be your first 600? Just my .02, one option would be to find an older stock 600 without a lot of bells and whistles and performance add-ons and use it for 6 months or so to get used to the feel and handling of a heavier bike, get lots of miles in both city and highway with it. Then, when you trade up, look for performance and other niceties.

just my .02

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
since you mentioned upgrade, I assume it'll be your first 600? Just my .02, one option would be to find an older stock 600 without a lot of bells and whistles and performance add-ons and use it for 6 months or so to get used to the feel and handling of a heavier bike, get lots of miles in both city and highway with it. Then, when you trade up, look for performance and other niceties.

just my .02
+1

The '02 sounds interesting. And 12k ain't shit for mileage if it's been cared for. Glad to hear you started with the 250. It should be a smooth transition to the 600 as long as you respect it. Shop around and don't be in a hurry. The right one will just fall in your lap. Cash has a way of doing that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
didn't say where you're at, but around here for $5-6k you can get an 06/07 model with low miles. There's not really a bad year for gixxers, but the 06+ have a few more bells and whistles as well as more modern looking shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.