Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
Obviously, you have the wrong color rim tape.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
What did I miss? ( I know- lots)

Loose to a cbr? In a straight line? Even start?
Thru corners? ???

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts
And I need to pull the secondary throttle blades out
Bad advice.

If you want to gain some instant, pretty cheap gain, just change your gearing. -1/+2 is the popular way to go. I'll guess the Honda did not have stock gearing either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I think it had stock I was actually +1/+2 even though I got up front I need to go -1+2 I was just trying something different

·
SuperMod of the North
25,228 Posts
It happens. I got my ass handed to me by an old man on an old gold wing...flags on the back and everything. I was in my leather clad shiny bad-assness on my 2010 600 and he wanted to go, I chuckled it off and he launched the light...twice. Third time I am like, OK, enough...by the time I dropped the clutch he was gone...no joke...he was fast, damn fast, and that old girl was too. Never assume.

If you won every time they wouldn't call it racing...they would call it winning.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
No I think it had stock I was actually +1/+2 even though I got up front I need to go -1+2 I was just trying something different
Why would you go +1/+2? That would be slightly longer gearing than stock, slightly.

When I went to the 190/55 rear tire instead of the stock 190/50, that made kit longer, so I went with -1/+1 gearing and brought it back to where it was essentially.

What do you mean by 'needs a tune'? Is it missing or bogging?
And as said, about the secondaries. Newer bikes need a good flash to keep them working for you at the higher throttle settings for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why would you go +1/+2? That would be slightly longer gearing than stock, slightly.

When I went to the 190/55 rear tire instead of the stock 190/50, that made kit longer, so I went with -1/+1 gearing and brought it back to where it was essentially.

What do you mean by 'needs a tune'? Is it missing or bogging?
And as said, about the secondaries. Newer bikes need a good flash to keep them working for you at the higher throttle settings for sure.
it actually did pretty good should have put a 43 on rear and I don’t think my secondary’s are opening all the way even though it’s flashed

·
Premium Member
8,565 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol yes it had someone tune it I was a little shocked myself I’m not tuned just flashed we both had QS also it was a 07 Cbr600 yep

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd like to know what was done to the Honda. I can believe they may have beaten you off the line, but I would think by the time first gear was winding out you would be catching right up. That's a heavy bike. Must have had a lot of engine work, gearing or both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts