Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just a question. I have a 2007 Suzuki GSR600 the key has been lost. I was going to get a lock smith to cut a key or buy a ignition barrel with a key but have been told that none of this will work mainly because of the ecu is this right. I have no clue I'm still learning at 61.

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As WB said, try the dealer first.

Your question revolves around whether you have a chipped key and transponder anti theft system or not and that varies by country.

Your dealer should be able to answer that question also.

If you don't, just order a blank and have a locksmith cut it for you. If you do, I believe the dealer can program your ECM to recognize a new chipped key.

· Registered
485 Posts
Hey just a question. I have a 2007 Suzuki GSR600 the key has been lost. I was going to get a lock smith to cut a key or buy a ignition barrel with a key but have been told that none of this will work mainly because of the ecu is this right. I have no clue I'm still learning at 61.
Is there a sticker on the top of the tank that says "S.A.I.S"? (You may still have this, even if no sticker, of course)

If so, the keys have a chip in them that the ECU interrogates before it runs. And if so, then dealer is your only option afaik.

I always get very nervous with one key for cars or bikes, even if it's a dumb bike you can take the barrel off with a screwdriver. Always get a second key if you only have one, usually so long as you have one there is some way to program a second 'blank'.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
@A Temp could you post a picture, or two, of the top of your ignition switch.

@QRO Isn't the transponder visible on the top of the switch if so equipped?

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
This is my K6 750 that does not have a transponder/chip key. I can't see any external difference.

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Motor vehicle Rim

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
And this is my K6 non-transponder/chipped key. I don't see any external difference from @QRO 's chipped key.

Tool Wood Composite material Fashion accessory Metal

Reactions: Todd_Sails

· Registered
5,882 Posts

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
Thinking about it, I wonder if Suzuki uses the same key, with chips, in all but just does not use it on US models?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts