Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i might sound stupid but i was wondering how loud can my 99 gsxr 750 SRAD get with a stock 750cc engine in it. I took the muffler off and was wondering wouldn't no muffler with 05 gsxr 1000 headers on it be the loudest setup for my 750? I haven't tried no muffler on my 99 750 SRAD on the streets yet, do you think it'll echo out loud and hurt cager ears on the sidewalks with it open header or no muffler with a unbaffled/ straight thru exhaust tip on the header?

·
Mod of the North
30,149 Posts
You are correct, personally and with all respect it is stupid. It isn’t going to run as well either. The headers and exhaust are designed to scavenge exhaust gasses from the cylinder during the cycle to improve flow.

It won’t be allowed in a track and will definitely get you a noise violation on the street.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, personally and with all respect it is stupid. It isn’t going to run as well either. The headers and exhaust are designed to scavenge exhaust gasses from the cylinder during the cycle to improve flow.

It won’t be allowed in a track and will definitely get you a noise violation on the street.
thanks bro i got a 1982 gs1100 full 4 into 1 vance and hines exhaust and was wondering if i cut the head pipes off my 99 750 SRAD headers and do some rewelding to my vance and hines pipe would it fit on my 99 750 SRAD man

·
Super Moderator
9,114 Posts
With no restrictions loud is the only thing you will achieve.
It will sound horrible and nobody will be able to ride behind you.
A 750 with a good exhaust will have a good loud rumble.

·
Mod of the North
30,149 Posts
do you think it's possible to reweld and cut to make a 1980 gs1100 full 4 into 1 vance and hines megaphone pipe to fit on a 99 gsxr 750 SRAD
Your best bet for the SRAD would be to find a set of Hindle headers and exhaust. They paired well with the pre 2000 GSXRs of the day and had a louder raspy note to them at higher RPM and a warm throaty burble at idle.

I have seen some people shorten a muffler and get about the same sound just louder. Some sounded good but many did not. I haven't found anything that sounds good with the baffles ripped out.

Reactions: Spyder13
1 - 16 of 16 Posts