Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has posted in here a few weeks ago about a missing adapter for my low-beam headlight on my K7 600; I finally got the part in and installed it (I think... I mean, it appears to be very straight forward) and my headlight still does not work. I had replaced jenky after-market HID kits that a previous owner installed with the OEM wiring harness and Sylvania bulbs, and the high-beam works perfectly (plugged it in and it worked immediately). I was missing the adapter for the low-beam and was excited today to finally have a working low-beam and DTRL again, but it still is not turning on. Is there something I am missing (literally and metaphorically)?

Thank you in advance,

Douglas Shaffer

·
Premium Member
8,155 Posts
First. Did you check the fuse for the low beam? It is a separate fuse from the high beam.

Second. Have you used a test light or voltmeter to see if you have power and ground to the plug?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not check the fuse... I will do that later today or this week when I have more time; thank you for the suggestion!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First. Did you check the fuse for the low beam? It is a separate fuse from the high beam.

Second. Have you used a test light or voltmeter to see if you have power and ground to the plug?
$231.50 and many hours of my time later... it was the $0.75 fuse.

Thank you so much for your help; you saved me from hours more frustration and who knows how much more money I would have spent

You're awesome

Douglas Shaffer

·
Registered
235 Posts
Glad that's all it was. Let us know how you like the Sylvania bulb. When I replaced the HID kit in my L1 600 with a high quality Sylvania, I liked that beam better! After all, that's what the reflector was designed for!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts