Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an 04 GSXR 750 and am thinking about lowering the tail a couple inches. Just wanting to know from anyone who has done this the pros and cons. Im not wanting to slam it, but i mainly use my bike as main transportation and enjoy long rides what do you think..?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neither really, just enjoy the way it looks. i sam the same bike just down about 2 inches and it looked great. but if i am going to loose alot from just 2 then its not worth it to me. what do you think?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Only reasons to lower it are drag racing or you are height challenged. Handling and ride both suffer some when you lower it.
They may suffer but if you actually know how to ride they wont make much difference.

i hate lowered bikes, they ride like shit, dont handle as well and you feel everything you ride over

You are just straight ignorant. Mine is slammed and I can drag knee with the best of em. And if you drove a Caddy it would feel like a dump truck compared to my beauty.

He asked for pros and cons not BS opinions.

Fact: yes handling may suffer enough to cost you an additional 20 seconds doing a 180 in the garage.

Opinion: they ride like shit. Adjust your suspensin accordingly and you will not notice a difference. I know you said you dont intend to slam it and with that said you should be fine with and inch or 2.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want to make sure when i do it i want to be satisfied with it and not pissed that i ever did it as long as it rides fine and isnt to uncomforitable ill be fine with it, and like i said im only looking to do two 2' or so. Also looking to replace my sprocket and chain with an aftermarket what do you suggest for this with the riding i that i do?

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Define long rides? If it's any real distance I'd leave the height alone because it does ride and handle better than when it's lowered. As for gearing, for long rides I'd leave that stock as well. Less rpm buzzing on the highway and depending on speed probably a little better fuel economy.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I just want to make sure when i do it i want to be satisfied with it and not pissed that i ever did it as long as it rides fine and isnt to uncomforitable ill be fine with it, and like i said im only looking to do two 2' or so. Also looking to replace my sprocket and chain with an aftermarket what do you suggest for this with the riding i that i do?
Just keep your stock links and if youre not cumffy with the lowered feel its that easy to swap it back.

As far as sprocket swaps goes you said it was for long trips and your main ride. Most people go -1 +2 but on "long rides" the RPMs may be a bit high and loud depending on what pipe you have.

You will lose 10-20 mph top end but personally I have never seen top end so a sprocket swap may work but it depends on YOU! And again if you dont like it keep the stock stuff and go back:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
They may suffer but if you actually know how to ride they wont make much difference.

You are just straight ignorant. Mine is slammed and I can drag knee with the best of em. And if you drove a Caddy it would feel like a dump truck compared to my beauty.

He asked for pros and cons not BS opinions.

Fact: yes handling may suffer enough to cost you an additional 20 seconds doing a 180 in the garage.

Opinion: they ride like shit. Adjust your suspensin accordingly and you will not notice a difference. I know you said you dont intend to slam it and with that said you should be fine with and inch or 2.
you're right i dont even dress my self in the morning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts