Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I want to get my bike lowered, but i need to get some clarification first. I have a 2004 GSXR 750, i want to lower it, but how much should i drop it. Also, what will be the pros and cons of the lowering, and what's a ballpark price?...If anybody has a good setup to do this and can answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
104 Posts
lowering ????

Front and Rear.....??
How much do U want ???
any problem reaching the ground ???
are U the type of guy who likes both feets well planted and feel unfortable just tiptoing ..?

----- if reaching the ground is a problem at stops try this... stay seated just one cheek on the saddle then your other feet can be full planted.

Ride Safe.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to drop the front and the back, I'm 5'10, so reaching the floor is no prob, but i would like to drop it for the look of it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
for the look ????

want to get it lowered for the look, so U want to raise your bars
and lower your back....? or just lower your front ?

Go as low as U want, IMO not more than 10mm to prevent wack off your bikes geometry.

Just have in mind
1.- lower your front not more than your suspension travel allows (to avoid topping your fender and watch out ground clearance).

2.- lowering your front will make your bike turn in more easily, but in trade U get a more twitchy bike.

Ride Safe....... :thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
one more thing....

raising your bars makes your bike turns in easily, also makes it little twitchy, and makes transitions(side to side) harder if your are off the gas.
also less squatting so little spin will arise..

Ride Safe............. :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
if your 5'10" you shouldn't be lowering that bike, you'll regret it, but thats just my opinion...goodluck w/ whatever u do.

·
Registered
168 Posts
:cool: I have an 03 750 and lowered it front and rear... The front was lowered by adjusting the fork tubes - and the rear was lowered by changing out the rear links that can be adjusted from 1 to 2 inches... I don't remember who makes them if I do I'll let you know...

I am 5'6" so reaching the ground was my main concern. It's dropped about 1.5 inches overall... I've also been told that lowering it would make it harder to go through the twisties and I would get more speed wobble... I have not had either problem.... the advantage is on the drag strip - the front end doesn't come up as easy...

Let me know how yours turns out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts