Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I’m going to assume she was texting. I’m hoping I’ll find out more Monday when I get a copy of the police report and her insurance

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Leaving the hospital now. I have severe bruising on my knees and shins and a broken rib on my left side. Bruising on my left bicep is healing nicely. I received a copy of the police report today and the report states the person who hit me was not distracted, but I believe she lied. She was issued a citation for failure to stop. I’ve contacted a lawyer at this time. Hopefully I can ride again soon!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sorry to read about your accident. Hope you heal fully and quickly.

·
Registered
386 Posts
"Leaving the hospital now. I have severe bruising on my knees and shins and a broken rib on my left side. Bruising on my left bicep is healing nicely. I received a copy of the police report today and the report states the person who hit me was not distracted, but I believe she lied."

So you've been in the hospital all this time? The pics showed a smashed car but it didn't look so bad as to put you in the hospital with severe bruising. Have you been able to figure out how that happened? It sounds like her car knocked you and your car forward. Your car hit the one ahead, which caused it to stop. You kept moving into the car's interior parts. I assume that your air bag deployed. So what broke your rib? I'm aware of your earlier no recollection comments.

It sounds like the cops didn't want to be bothered with getting cell phone records.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
no I got checked out by emts and cleared to go home. I went into the hospital five days later after the pain hadn’t gotten any better and also from the advice of my lawyer and family members.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad you're OK one of my biggest fears while riding, not just sitting at a light or something, but slowing to turn into a gas station or parking lot those cars come up your ass.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,791 Posts
Glad you're relatively okay.

We're going to have to figure out this distracting driving thing. IMHO it's a much bigger problem than drunk driving at this point. It's more pervasive and people think they're capable of doing it. On our way to south MO this summer we were stopped on a two lane blacktop waiting to turn left. I looked in the rear view just in time to see a young woman in a pickup flying at us. She locked her brakes and thankfully stopped just short. I didn't really have anywhere to go due to the intersection. She's lucky that my wife and kids were in the car or she would have had a tap on her side window. Instead I could see her laugh it off. Lesson not learned.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts