Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought my 2004 gsxr1000 been doing the breakin and now my clutch is slipping.. I tell you what i cant win for loose only 640 miles on the thing... Taking it to the dealer tommorow and wil let you guys know ..

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I put about 12k miles on my stock clutch on my 04 and that was including quite a bit of drag racing too. Not sure how you accomplished that.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
at the clutch cover the lock bolt Behind the rubber grommet tend to not be tightened and you need to re adjust it and you should be good to go. happens on 03-04 1ks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got back from the dealer and they rode it and the clutch is burned up.. they said it was probabbly not adjusted right when they did the 500 mile service so there fixxing it for me no charge.. Came down to it i had my gsxr600 for 5 years and put 42000 miles on it only replaced the motor actuallty used the same clutch from the org motor when i changed them out like you lots of drag days and never burned out a clutch.. found on the other site about 20 folks had the same thing happen to them.. just happy the dealer is fixing it for me..

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Thats something. Never heard of that happening. Must be defective parts.

·
Banned
105 Posts
On the 1K there is a rubber cover on the left side with a screw adjuster for the clutch under neath that has to be adjusted every so often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts