Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while riding my 00 750 the other day my tachometer needle started going nuts and digital displays were blinking on and off when you pull in clutch it dies then it acted normally for a while then did it again and so on and so on now wont start(the wont start problem might be a dead battery) going to look at it tomorrow (stored in friends garage) can some one give me a starting point i'm less than useless when it comes to wiring that being said anything mechanical i can work on( wishing i still had my CARBURETOR BIKES

·
Super Moderator
9,016 Posts
Those are classic symptoms of the battery going dead due to the charging system failing.

Charge the battery, start the bike and check the battery voltage while it is running. It should be 14.0 to 15.5 v DC. Most are about 14.3 volts.

Reactions: Todd_Sails

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Make sure no loose bat terminals too

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
My immediate thought is battery not charging. Given you put decent stator and r/r in a couple of years ago, my guess is dead battery.

Please keep us posted on progress.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If this thingkeeps giving me problems I'm just going to dump it and try and find a carbureted ZX7

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
battery is brand new less than 3 weeks old (bought a oriles is a mastercraft iirc)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
battery is brand new less than 3 weeks old (bought a oriles is a mastercraft iirc)
Ouch. Do you have a multimeter? What’s the voltage on the battery? Can you charge it?

As John said, once you have a charged battery and running bike you can diagnose the problem. Let’s hope it’s something simple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts