Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. Yes you can make it somewhat louder. The guy I bought my bike from, did just that. He said he was drilling holes inside and then putting the cover back on and listening to it. Said he had it off half a dozen times before he got it the way he wanted. I think it sounds good like it is, although I haven't had it apart to see how GHETTO it probably is! :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
my point is..whats the point of even messing with a stock can? id rather have a HP gain to go along with the noise...i understand not everyone can afford to purchase a whole system but ai slip on/bolt on would atleast look better and sound better than a can that youve managed to open up,take out the baffle and somehow manage to rig it back together.

EDIT* That was un called for............ doesnt that look alot better man. Lets leave those types of references off this site.

Motojoe

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You can grind and remove the stock end bolts and cut out the baffling. It is a bit rigged up, but if you dont have a few hundred $$$ it will sound a bit louder, BUT it will also be VERY raspy, not a great sound just louder.

·
Registered
258 Posts
if u got the bucks$$$ i'd go with and after market yoshi

·
Registered
258 Posts
if u got the bucks$$$ i'd go with and after market yoshi

·
Registered
13 Posts
We punched through a friend of mines 03 600. We didn't take the can apart at all. We beat a small hole in it through one of the ends and kept increasing the size of it until it was as loud as he wanted it. We took the can off to do this. It is more raspy than an aftermarket pipe. It is does the job of letting other motorists know that you are there and didn't cost a thing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You can ride fast, if your quiet.
You wont screw-up the jetting on your bike, and draw cops, like 'blood in the water'.
Or, you can be like 90% of the squids out there, posers, making noise and endangering OUR rites to ride. Think about it.
Fast and stealthy or loud, begging for a ticket.

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol :laughingr last time i check you get a speeding ticket or something like that because you were going to fast not because of a nice full exhaust

·
Registered
525 Posts
I run a full yosh system and im not a squid. I do it for performance and also to wake up those brain dead people that talk on cell phones and think that driving is so second nature that they dont have to pay attention. Also never been pulled over by a cop for the sound of my bike.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
loud pipes,save lifes!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
"LOUD pipes Save Lives" Thats alotta crap!
Im a Professioanl Firefighter, Even with Sirens, airhorns and lites, the dizzy idiots dont see, or hear ya coming! 'All loud pipes do is loose your Rights'..
Dont believe me?
In Germany, You cant modify your bike.
Get caught, a heavy fine, and loose the bike.
Are we gonna get smart? Or are we gonna loose our Rights?
"Loud Pipes Loose Rights"

·
Registered
642 Posts
james1300 said:
"LOUD pipes Save Lives" Thats alotta crap!
Im a Professioanl Firefighter, Even with Sirens, airhorns and lites, the dizzy idiots dont see, or hear ya coming! 'All loud pipes do is loose your Rights'..
Dont believe me?
In Germany, You cant modify your bike.
Get caught, a heavy fine, and loose the bike.
Are we gonna get smart? Or are we gonna loose our Rights?
"Loud Pipes Loose Rights"
Umm.. let's go w/ umm.... what are the choices again?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Its easy

Take a small diamitor steel rod place it in the end of your can bang it with a hammer until it falls in the pull out all the shit it is easy and cheat but the guys are right tho you should just leave it and save up to get a slip on or full system going the cheap route never works out right.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.