Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Gsx-R 750 with Tri-oval slip on and BMC air filter and would like to know if anyone knows the best map to use with a dynojet power commander the one i am using now is for an Akrapovic exhaust and has cut my gas mileage by about 75% im also going-1/+6 on sprockets any help would be greatly apreciated :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
bradgsxr03 said:
I have a 2003 Gsx-R 750 with Tri-oval slip on and BMC air filter and would like to know if anyone knows the best map to use with a dynojet power commander the one i am using now is for an Akrapovic exhaust and has cut my gas mileage by about 75% im also going-1/+6 on sprockets any help would be greatly apreciated :bowdown:
Get it dyno tuned.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I think most your MPG is going due to your Sprocket change but yeah get it dynotuned or atleast a dyno run with A/F reading

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The best map is a custom map.... other than that you are jsut guessing and it is only half ass at that.

did you say -1/+6 gearing............... Damn dude :headshake You will top out at like 90 MPH :lol: and it will do sitdowns in 5th :rofl:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
did you say -1/+6 gearing............... Damn dude :headshake You will top out at like 90 MPH :lol: and it will do sitdowns in 5th :rofl:

HAHAHAHA sitdowns in 5th. HA

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only place around here that does dyno tuning is a Harley Davidson shop and they wont touch it (jap bike) they are bastards any other recomendations?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
drive further to find a dyno shop or try to find someone wiht similar mods. Itll get you close but not the best

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
bradgsxr03 said:
the only place around here that does dyno tuning is a Harley Davidson shop and they wont touch it (jap bike) they are bastards any other recomendations?
You want some Harley, v-twin guys tooling on your in-line 4 that redlines around 14k when their's redlines at 7k-8k. They are not qualified to map your bike.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm not sure what's near you, but here's a list of dynojet certified tuners in Il. Yes, I noticed that some are harley only..

ILLINOIS
Acrotech Performance
Crystal Lake IL 60012
Services - Harley, Sportbike, Cruiser
Further Information

Burrell Powersports
Bloomington IL 61704
Further Information

Chi-Town Harley Davidson
Tinley Park IL 60477
Services - Harley Only
Further Information

Cycle Tech
Loves Park IL 61111
Further Information

Frieze Harley Davidson
Belleville IL 62220
Services - Harley Only
Further Information

Illinois Dyno Center
Port Byron 61275
Further Information

Lake Shore Harly-Davidson/Buell
Libertyville IL 60048
Further Information

Moto Fanatic
Morris 60450
Services - Sportbike, Cruiser
Further Information

MD Racing
Orion 61273
Further Information

Rat's Whole Place
Decatur IL 62526
Services - Harley Only
Further Information

T&N Cycle
Alton 62002
Services - Sportbike, Cruiser
Further Information

TNT Action Sports
Quincy 62301
Further Information

Warren's Inc
Round Lake IL 60073
Further Information

Woodstock Harley Davidson
Woodstock IL 60098
Services - Harley Only
Further Information

Workman Harley Davidson
Rock Falls IL 61071
Services - Harley Only
Further Information

·
Registered
439 Posts
you want maps?

I got more maps than Rand McNally, Mapquest, Garmin, and Google combined :laughingr

no for real, i have some on disk and laptop for remapping other ppls bikes

·
Registered
439 Posts
like lots of ppl are saying seat of the pants is ok
but custom mapping and dyno tuning is by all means the way to go and worth the extra ride if need be

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Djbrady said:
I'm not sure what's near you, but here's a list of dynojet certified tuners in Il. Yes, I noticed that some are harley only..
Just an FYI, Dynojet certified tuner does NOT neccessarily mean they have. or ar trained on a Dynojet Dyno. It means they went to a Dynojet powercommander seminar put on by Dynojet and either Drag specialties or Parts Unlimeted.......... thats all.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be on that list if they weren't capable of performing a dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Djbrady said:
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be on that list if they weren't capable of performing a dyno tune.
You would be amazed by the jackasses that say they can custom tune your ride and you leave, and notice that it just lags and lags and lags...then they say that your power band raised....bullshit! tuning a map should ideally open up your midrange and give it more balls!...I found a good dyno guy and I am sticking to him, first map was a waste of 150 bucks..

·
Pro Racer
1,834 Posts
Everyone has their own tuning style. There are many different ways you can go about tuning. Just all depends on how you ride your bike on the way you want to tune it. :D

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Djbrady said:
Umm dude........ read my title.......... I KNOW these things. The list is certified to adjust a Power Commander. It DOES NOT mean they have a dyno, and it DOES NOT mean they are any good at it. I am a "certified dynojet technician" as well. BUT I have also been trained in tuning ON A DYNOMOMETER. The class to get on that list is only the ins and outs and a few tips on the Power Commander itself.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
:funny: oh come oh blowhard, it should be 'ManicMotorcycle Mechanic'..... oh shit, just joking, don't ban me.... :yumyum:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts