Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the 2k5 bike show again...couldnt get enough of it last time so i had to go a second time and get more pics...this is a pic of me and the gixxer im buyin this spring

·
Registered
284 Posts
Needabike said:
why get the 750 if he is an inexperienced rider, not saying you are, is it that much better than the 600. isnt it the same frame and everything just a 750 engine put on the 600 frame?

Did you see the size frame he has, thats why. I dont know anyone his size, that feels right on the 6. Also, as the past riders before us, he will ride it for a season and want the 750 anyway. Just makes more sense. Not to mention, the time and money he will save.

Agian, Just my 2 cents.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
i know a ton of people bigger than him riding 600s, and couple of them stunt on 600s. I have a friend thats about 6'5 300 pounds, he makes any bike look tiny and he rides a cbr1100xx (and has a few other bikes). Should he not be riding cause no bike is big enough for him? Size is just an excuse to get a bigger bike.

A 750 isn't that much bigger, its a tad longer, and seems about a half inch higher when sat on, and it has a few pounds on the 600.

Whatever he feels confident in riding and what he wants, let him. And if i remember what he said, he's been riding dirt since he was very young, and at such a young age, i'm glad he's not saying..oh i want a 1000. Very noble of him to choose a 600 and not jump the gun and get too cocky.

·
Registered
284 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
i know a ton of people bigger than him riding 600s, and couple of them stunt on 600s. I have a friend thats about 6'5 300 pounds, he makes any bike look tiny and he rides a cbr1100xx (and has a few other bikes). Should he not be riding cause no bike is big enough for him? Size is just an excuse to get a bigger bike.

A 750 isn't that much bigger, its a tad longer, and seems about a half inch higher when sat on, and it has a few pounds on the 600.

Whatever he feels confident in riding and what he wants, let him. And if i remember what he said, he's been riding dirt since he was very young, and at such a young age, i'm glad he's not saying..oh i want a 1000. Very noble of him to choose a 600 and not jump the gun and get too cocky.

Look, the last thing im suggesting, is for ANYONE to "jump the gun".
I am just giving my 2 cents.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i want a 750 cuz im afriad that the 600 will feel like nothing in a year but i herd that suzuki makes one mean 600 and its not a recommened beginner bike, so im afriad if i went to 750 first that i would have trouble with it. The 750 feels good and i have no problem with the weight but i really dont want to get a bike that could over power me and get dropped.

i sat on kawis 600 and holy crap that thing must have over 100 pounds on the gixxer. if anything the new 1000 feels most comfortable lol, cuz it does seem smaller then a 600

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as soon as i get comfortable with the bike which has never taken me long to do on any dirt bike or quad ill be goin to a drag strip once in a while. a little example would be the quad i got....weakest thing ever which is a honda foutrax 250...took me about an hour till i was makin it do wheelies which i got in shit for. the next day i was ridin with guys in thier 50s that my family camps with and have been ridin since they were my age and i went on a ride with them to places a 250 should have never seen...got back and they said they brought me as almost a joke thinkin i would get stuck or to scared to do soemthin and just head back to camp but i actually showed them up with all there 4x4 700s and crap 3 times bigger then my quad. Rec vehicles like quads bikes/dirtbikes is just somethin i enjoy to much, i also got my bike licence before car. :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i really dont know what i should go with ...bike weight means nothing really but i want a bike i wont sell in a year or so...im tryin to say to myself that the 600 will be good enough and i dont need 750 power but i dunno

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i got a good month or 2 till all this snows gone...i hope

·
Registered
938 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
cause your bored of it doesn't mean you have use 100% potential of the bike.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hear all these people say that they have out grown the bike they are riding, you go riding with them and they haven't even scratched the surface of the bike's potential. I have a 600, 04 and for the type of riding I do, it will be a long time before I feel I have out grown the bike.

·
Registered
544 Posts
What's wrong with riding the 600 and trading up to a 750 in a year not a big deal bikes don't cost anything if you have trouble paying off an $8,000 bike in a year you have other issues.

·
Registered
196 Posts
tatsu said:
i want a 750 cuz im afriad that the 600 will feel like nothing in a year but i herd that suzuki makes one mean 600 and its not a recommened beginner bike, so im afriad if i went to 750 first that i would have trouble with it. The 750 feels good and i have no problem with the weight but i really dont want to get a bike that could over power me and get dropped.

i sat on kawis 600 and holy crap that thing must have over 100 pounds on the gixxer. if anything the new 1000 feels most comfortable lol, cuz it does seem smaller then a 600
Actaully the Kaw is about the same weight as the gsxr 600. The 750 is only a few pounds heavier, like 5 or so. I myself am a bit on the heavy side, not too tall though. I am 5'9" and about 225. You being a beginning rider to the street(are you :hmmm: ), will do fine be it on a 600 or a 750. The advantage of a 750, for those of us that are heavier, comes more so when going to the track, or riding two up. I have had a few cbr600's, then a Kaw 750, then I swapped a 900 into that 750. I just went to a GSXR 750 for this summer. The difference in acceleration is very noticeable, but minimal. You will be as likely to drop the 750 as you would a 600 or 1000. With the bikes now, the weight difference from 600 to 1000 is less than 15lb's. Being that you have ridden dirt, you are probably more ready to adjust when you feel the front end getting light, so you have a bit of experience. I say choose what you want. At your age I would be more concerned with the insurance prices and payments than with the cc's.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dunno....the kawi felt real heavy after gettin on a gsxr

i wish i could do a test ride on a 600 and 750 and see what would be best but thats just no an option with bikes around here. insurance is the exact same for the range of about 400-750cc range here then a big hike after that. i got a little bit of road experiance on a bike when i went through my AMA coarse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.