Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new to me Track bike came with Power Slick 2's.
I remember seeing a thread, I think it was on 13x forums about this tire and not really needing warmers, etc.
I also have warmers and I've read many threads on this tire, and think may continue with it if I can.

I read lots of forum reviews, etc. One of them stated that they use Power Cup 2's because it's the same tire for less $$.
Apparently it is!
The build ratios and the Carbon black, etc is the same on both PS2 and PC2's.
Except that the PC2 have the industry minimum 'void' (tread grooves) in them to actually make them street legal. However, the entire side of the tires is without any grooves. So on corners, it's like a PS2! The void ratios for the PC2's are only 4% front and 5% rear.

I'm going to try and get some PC2's and still use my warmers. I read several posts on 13X that many do this and it works well!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, forget this! I just looked up prices and it was about $13 for both front and rear less for the PC2's.
I feel I found a good deal on PS2's from STG and used some store credit I had. Before tax and credit it was still only $390 for the front and a 190/55 rear!

They'll be here soon.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chuck! For the slight price difference, I went with the PS2's.
But thanks for confirming what I have read and took away from the website that they were in fact the same tire, less the cut outs/void for the DOT rating!
I'm going to have my PS2's mounted before Putnam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts