Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLY SHIT!
Is what i had to say when i saw these tires today. Went by and stopped at CycleGear to pick up a breath guard. Checked out some tires while I was there even though I don't have money for them (but I do need tires soon, and i mean soon!). I was wow'ed by these fuckers. The dude that worked there told me to check em out. FUCK those things are sticky! Its the stickiest tire you will feel. Stick your finger in the tread and your finger sticks! Damn, and they we're telling me they last a little longer than the dunlops 208s that our bikes come with do to a harder compond the pilot power uses. Theres not much info on the web on it, but it seems good the stuff i'm reading. I like them a lot and for sure, when i get enough money, i'm picking up a set or two of these suckers! Rear tire runs for about 140 for a 180/55/17 size.

ANyone seen these suckers yet??? Anyone got em? I'm curious to see what you people think of them. If you haven't seen em yet, go check em out! I was amazed with them just sitting there on the rack.

only pic i can find

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
HOLY SHIT!
Is what i had to say when i saw these tires today. Went by and stopped at CycleGear to pick up a breath guard.

Does your breath stink so bad that other riders can smell it too? :laughingr

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Aight man. Sorry. Sinceriley. I wont hijack your thread. Those tires do look pretty good though. Only prob is that I only run Dragon supercorsa's

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
:rofl:

Go check them out at a local shop! You won't be disapointed.
Dragon supercorsa? got pics? details? sounds like a track tire.
It is, It is. I buy take off's from mid-ohio. Get a set with 5 or 6 laps on 'em for 75 bucks. The centers still have the "hair" on 'em. You know, the little nubbs sticking up. I cant beat that price. They dont ever get hot enough to go through a heat cycle. If you notice mine, you will see no chichen strips either. They stick like Valentino was on 'em. HAHAHA

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
You might want to try the same thing. Just go around in the paddock and find some good racing teams with alot of money. they only use tires for like one session and toss them. You have to ask though. The mechanic usually puts the dough right in his pocket. :)

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
thats a good idea.....wonder if i got any places like that around here.

how are the wear on those tires?

Tell you the truth, They are the best wearing tire I have ever run. And the status factor is amazing!!!! People are like" holey shit man, he has supercorsas." Its great. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
thats a good idea.....wonder if i got any places like that around here.

how are the wear on those tires?
You got any tracks nearby? Ones that host a Superbike weekend?

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe, good way to scoop up some tires......i'm suprised the tires last that long after 5 or 6 laps......

most of my friends who hit up the track......they eat up a brand new set of tires.......dunno how many laps they do though, prob there all day.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Yeah, 5 laps really aint nuthing. I'll show you pics of the ones I got this year. Tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I'm out man. Catch you guys later.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gotta be careful with track tires for street riding though. Street tires warm up quicker, but dont hold the heat as well. Track tires take a while to heat up, but once they are, they hold the heat alot better. Thats saying if you can even heat up a track tire on the street. And if you can you might want to stick to track riding.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I'm running the Pilot powers, and love them. I would say they are the best Street tire that I've ridden on. I've ridden in the rain, snow and dry and they have performed extremely well for me so far. I've only got about 1000 miles on them so I can't tell you about the wear factor yet, but I definatly agree these are one of the best street tires out there, for all around riding. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well thats good to hear. Thats the conclusion i came too after seeing them and touching them at the store, that they are prob the best street tires out there right now. I'm def lookin forward to picking up a set when i get money. Wanna get first hand experience myself.

i'm curious how the tread life is cause of how the tire is soooooo soft. But from what i heard and read, they use a hard compound in it that will make it last a little longer than the stock dunlops 208s.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I put the "all knowing Master" stamp of approval on them, :laughingr :laughingr

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys, new here but have followed this site for some time.

As for the tires. I am running Continentals Road attack front and rear and must say that they are the best tire I have been on. Extremely sticky and also adds to the flickability of my Gixxer 750. The rain, well that is not a problem either. You can stand it up just as easy in the rain as you can on dry pavement. Full set for 250.00, which I belive is cheaper than the Pilots.

As for Dunlops, well you can keep those. I have run both 208's and 218's and wore them both out within 2000 miles, not to mention the cupping.
Get of the lops, you will be surpised what a reall tire can do, just my opinion.

Metzlers are an awsome tire but I prefer the new Conti's. (second choice)

Was talking to the local shop the other day and he asked a curious question which was, how do I wear my tires out so quick. Answer, Hell if I know. I don't do burnouts but do spin coming out of corners quit a bit. He stated that most people he sees get any where from 4k to 8k out of a rear. Now back to the point which was the Pilot's, he said that they are great tires but that I would be putting on a new one at about 1500 miles. He contradicted the last longer statement. Don't know if any of this about The Pilot's are true but just give ya'll something to think about, also some feedback from Ski to see how long they last for you and how well they keep their stickyness after some miles are put on them. Keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jason

Great Site, by the way!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts