Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rode race take-offs..s2's,m2's,h2's, but the best tire I have ever had on the street in rain or shine is the michelon pilot powerz. I will never buy another tire but michelon pilot powerz.......I don't know if anyone else has rode these tires but i love them to death!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pilot Power

I've got a 03 1k...I killed the stock rear in like 1500 miles so I sprung for a set of pilot sports, loved the things...made the bike turn in quicker and more feedback from the road..a couple of months ago got a new set of pilot powers...they seem to handle even better than the pilot sports...like you say these things are awsome, been to couple of track days and they give really good grip for a street tire and they seem to be lasting decently well....so i agree with ya 100%.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I really like michelin tires too.

·
Banned
815 Posts
I agree with ya bro! Michelin tires rock! I had some pilot sports then next time around went with the pilot powers. Both tires were exceptional! :thumbup:

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Foe Luv said:
I don't know if anyone else has rode these tires but i love them to death!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Where have you been bro...Powers have been out a year ago this month :thumbup: . I got mine imported before they were available in the U.S. and was completely shocked at the advancement Michelin made with the Powers compared to their other tires which pretty much sucked (except their DOT race tires). I remember my first trackday on them I had enough confidence with them after the lunch break to go knee down in turn 1 straight out of the paddock. A great trackday tire and good enough to use in the race group...but I prefer the Power Race just for a comfort zone.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
pmhallum said:
anyone compare the powers with diablos? I'm a little undecided between the two..
Compared to reg. Diablos I would choose the Powers and I've ran both on street and track. Compared to Diablo Corsas, now that's a tough one. You couldn't go wrong with either, however, Michelin has a stiff carcuss than Pirelli and if you have ridden on Pirellis for a while you will notice that Pirellis feel a little "softer" or more forgiving in the turns under good lean angle. Michelin Pilot Powers I felt tracked better in the turns and actually handled track imperfections (like seams) better...but that's just me. Tire wear with both on the track is incredible. I had two of my friends do 6-7 trackdays on a set of Diablo Corsas (track bikes only mind you) without tirewarmers so that's a ton of heat cycles on a very abrassive track.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
tires

was thinking of the diablo's or race offs, but um...might try the pilots...any other ideas of what would give me decent milage but much better grip than the shit that came with the bike (dunlops) christ, I am rather afraid of pushing these stock tires, they are freaking slippery. :2hard

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm not adding anything new here... I have not heard one person say they did not like their Powers. I'll be stripping the Dunlops this winter (man I hate that word) and putting Pilot Powers on before next season.

You da Man... Can you tell me how long the scrub-in mileage was before track time??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Damn everyone is telling me those tires are God and shit. I intend on picking up a set when money comes my way. Right now I have on some crappy ass five year old Dunlop 207's and they suck bad. They easily lock up under some what hard braking (not to hard) and also it's hard trying to not lock them up when trying to bust an Endo.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
dc2004600 said:
I'm not adding anything new here... I have not heard one person say they did not like their Powers. I'll be stripping the Dunlops this winter (man I hate that word) and putting Pilot Powers on before next season.

You da Man... Can you tell me how long the scrub-in mileage was before track time??
Myself and a couple of friends of mine have had brand new Powers mounted at the track and we were at our full pace in 3-4 laps (about 7-8 miles :D ). It's all about gradually leaning the bike more every couple of turns by lap 3-4 we were riding like normal. Powers aren't as slippery as other new tires. By the way, scrubbing in tires (or breaking them in) is not by scrubbing the shiny coating off. It's about building up heat in them to get the different chemicals to bond and work together. I have friends that can break in a new tire in like 1-2 laps (2-3 miles).

·
Registered
533 Posts
you da man said:
Myself and a couple of friends of mine have had brand new Powers mounted at the track and we were at our full pace in 3-4 laps (about 7-8 miles :D ). It's all about gradually leaning the bike more every couple of turns by lap 3-4 we were riding like normal. Powers aren't as slippery as other new tires. By the way, scrubbing in tires (or breaking them in) is not by scrubbing the shiny coating off. It's about building up heat in them to get the different chemicals to bond and work together. I have friends that can break in a new tire in like 1-2 laps (2-3 miles).
As always :thumbup: Thanks!

And for those of you who are looking for them, this is probably the best price I have found so far for the set 180/120.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PILO...34284QQitemZ4573538750QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

or

http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=650

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
dc2004600 said:
As always :thumbup: Thanks!

And for those of you who are looking for them, this is probably the best price I have found so far for the set 180/120.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PILO...34284QQitemZ4573538750QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

or

http://www.motoxoutlet.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=650
Nice find at motoxoutlet on the Power Race tire but Heatwavecycles beats them by $15 including shipping on the regular Pilot Power. motoxoutlet with shipping is $240 for a 180/55 & 120/70 set. Heatwavecycles shipped is $225 for the same set.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.