Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to fit a 06 gp1 exhaust on my 05 600 and read on one of the forms that if i take a crayon or tire marker and put a line on my header that where it stops burning off after i run it im safe to cut with out changing back pressure or anything. if i do this and make the exhaust from that point back to fit the gp1 will i be all set and not hert my engine?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
This is absolutely nothing against you but that is the stupidist thing I have ever heard. The temperature your exhaust runs at will affect this and fuel mixture, ambient temperature, and many other variable affect that. Besides, what does temperature at any point in your exhaust sytem have to do with anything?

Just cut it where it is most convenient and build from there.

Oh, and as stated many times in this forum, effects of backpressure are a myth. Exhaust sysems make use of gas velocity to create a scavenging effect and are tuned for the broadest power at all RPMS. Unless your cutting the header less than 6" or so from where it comes out of the head, it will not hurt your engine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i didnt know if i cut it if it would f with the back pressure and i read on a couple of threads that if you mark it you can find out where it stops and be safe to cut at that point

·
Registered
4 Posts
YA no muffler is the way to go louder and more performance

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Your kidding right?
+1:eek: there is a guy around here running a k8 1000 with a straight piece of pipe that just dumps to ground kinda where the taylor made outlet is. he rides it on the street all the time, it sounds like ass.I was embaressed to ride with the guy it sounds so shitty and loud.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya one of the kids i ride with has a yoshi cut down to 6 inches and not baffle in it at all so its straight flow sounds awful its way to loud and anoying and i dont want anything remotly close

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just take it to your local muffler shop they can make a mid pipe mount it where you want it and it will only coust you around 20 bucks. Thats what i did on my old 600rr They converted it from undertail to a gp style shorty for 20 dollars and it only took around 30 min.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.