Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a new unpainted fender from ebay (48express-us) and it arrived broken, cracked above the fender mount. It was most likely damaged in transit, but it was packed in a bag, not a box. The company is offering me a 20 dollar return of my money, but I paid 39.74 for it, and I don't want a broken fender as I already have one. Their threat is that if I return it, I will have to pay expensive shipping back to China. What say you'all?

·
Premium Member
8,143 Posts
I recently ordered a new unpainted fender from ebay (48express-us) and it arrived broken, cracked above the fender mount. It was most likely damaged in transit, but it was packed in a bag, not a box. The company is offering me a 20 dollar return of my money, but I paid 39.74 for it, and I don't want a broken fender as I already have one. Their threat is that if I return it, I will have to pay expensive shipping back to China. What say you'all?
Can't you submit a complaint with Ebay?

Obviously, it was not packed properly.

·
rotaredom
888,895,580 Posts
Poeple, please stop buying cheap Chinese shit. The price may seem enticing, but you will always get what you pay for.

If its too good to be true, 99.9% of the time it is.

Break the "sucker born every minute" stereo type.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take the money or ask them to send another fender and keep the money. For eBay to do anything you will have to return it which they are right you will end up paying more for shipping.

Buying cheap eBay plastic is a gamble. You win some and you lose some at the price of trying saving money. I've purchased 4 eBay fairing and out of the four only one was a total waste.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like a bit of a Catch 22. I've had good luck with the two kits that I've bought from China. The were packaged exceptionally well. To ship a fender in a bag seems stupid to me but I'm sure it's cheaper. I think you may have to eat this one. At least you can leave negative feedback. That can be damaging.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would think a reputable company would simply replace the fender.... then file a claim with the shipper or simply realize you cannot send something to another Country in a bag!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I recently bought Samco knock off silicone hoses on ebay from China. The listing said the tolerances were .5mm.

When they arrived the tolerances were more like 5mm. I told them the ad was misrepresenting the product that arrived and explained that I shouldn't have to pay to ship it back to them since they made the mistake.

Unless the item was listed as a broken fender you should try the same.

They emailed me a shipping label to get their hoses back today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
G'day mate,

Take the $20:00 they're offering, & with the money, grab yourself an 80Watt soldering-iron, & with the flat-blade tip that should come with it, you can learn how to plastic weld....Start buy stitching the crack together ( so it looks like a zipper on your jeans ), & then wipe it all over to smooth it out. If you've done it correctly, it will be nearly 100% strong as new, & you'll be able to repair all your plastics, if / when they break.

What else can you do ? At least this is a positive way forward...

Cheers,

Rastus

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: I told the company I would prefer a refund, or a replacement, and talked about negative feedback. They agreed to send a replacement. Good on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts