Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please tell me the best way to get more power and a better top speed out of my 1997 gsxr600 apart from getting a new bike as the cash flow is not that good so that means no big projects? thanks :laughings

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
if its stock, go with a sprocket upgrade...try -1/front and +2/rear
that'll give ya some low end grunt and isnt too rough on your wallet

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
usdm420 said:
if its stock, go with a sprocket upgrade...try -1/front and +2/rear
that'll give ya some low end grunt and isnt too rough on your wallet
he said he wanted more top speed... youd need to go the other way, but youd loose power down low.

Normal mods are:
Pipe
Air filter
Jetkit

preferably all three at once on a carbed bike.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Find 750 motor from 96-97 and get the whole carb set that is all you need PERIOD no big money spent.
4-600 total and you have it ( No replacement for Displacement)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at the moment all its got is a viper tail can but with it on the low down power is not really the best i even find it hard to get the front wheel off the floor in first gear? with the standard can it will lift up a bit better. :clap:

·
Registered
311 Posts
audi1031 said:
Find 750 motor from 96-97 and get the whole carb set that is all you need PERIOD no big money spent.
4-600 total and you have it ( No replacement for Displacement)
This is why i LOVE THIS GUY! audi is in my book the true definition of the "speed junky" when i asked on another site a similar question i got the SAME answer from him," put the 01'-02' motor in you r 01' 750 if ya wanna go faster dumbass!" i have to totally agree with audi if you're talking BANG 4 THE BUCK the motor swap will be the best and most rewarding decision you can make. even if you add a chip/retarder, change to a race exhaust and filter, upgrade to the 520 sprocket/chain conversion, get it custom mapped,whatever-put a bigger motor in her and she'll love ya forever! !KEEP ON TRUCKN' AUDI MY MAN! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
darklord said:
at the moment all its got is a viper tail can but with it on the low down power is not really the best i even find it hard to get the front wheel off the floor in first gear? with the standard can it will lift up a bit better. :clap:

see, if you want that low-end..the sprockets make a huge difference!
i only went -1 in front and can power the front up in 1st gear now

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
uh oh, powpowpower wheelies, SQUIDS! just kidding, but clutch is the way to go, it's just so easy to loop powering it up, especially first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
USDM i have an 04' 600 and mine powers up easy in first with stock gears and just a yosh can. maybe you should try changing up on your R's. you should be able to get 2nd with a bit of a bounce. :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
watch the chain

Yo got2josh, you deffinantly have a point clutch is the way to go, just watch that stock chain, i snapped one on my last bike popping the clutch. Got lucky though it just came off didn't bind :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
man, I've never heard of a chain snapping or anything cause of clutching it, that stinks. It's a 525 though with only 2k or so on the chain and sprockets.

And in addition to being much easier to get up with the clutch, you can wheelie at much higher speeds, like on my 750 I can probably power up 2nd (I don't really power it up at all) but 2nd would be only going like 80 90 or so. Not to mention when you power it up you're accelerating until you hit bp, so you could start going 40 and enf up at 80. With clutch if you do it smooth, not drop it so much as slip it, it will come right up, and you can bring it up easy in 3rd, even 4th.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
yeah i know but i'm just starting out so i'm gtting the feel of it...THEN i'll be trying the clutch method

·
Registered
311 Posts
darklord said:
can someone please tell me the best way to get more power and a better top speed out of my 1997 gsxr600 apart from getting a new bike as the cash flow is not that good so that means no big projects? thanks :laughings
I thought he was asking about how to get MORE POWER not wheelie lessons from you vagrants! :lol: one person mentions changing the sprockets and here we go with the " put a 14 on the front and a 50 on the rear and it'll come right up" and top out at like what-85?
(sorry bout that) :funny:

·
Registered
23 Posts
darklord said:
hi! put a turbo more horse power for free that the best way than other mod nit very much cost on www.ebay.com wrote turbocharger look that and let me know!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.