Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the largest hp/torque numbers you have seen come out of a GSXR600? Im finally all back together and wanted to start some tweaking. I was just hoping to find out what you all have seen come out of these motors... Thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
yea i think the most with common mods (no engine work) is about 120hp

exhaust
PC
k&n or some other better performing air filter
maybe injectors...

squeeze more by upgrading the cam
maybe a larger head
boreing cylinders
NOS

ect..

·
Registered
250 Posts
but your forgetting the most important thing, it would be cheaper to just buy the 1000, heck you could even put 600 cc bodywork and stickers onit if you wish.

- Jared -

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
realiztically a AMA supersport 600 only is around 120.

about 115 or so on the street with custom map and normal mods.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jared said:
but your forgetting the most important thing, it would be cheaper to just buy the 1000, heck you could even put 600 cc bodywork and stickers onit if you wish.

- Jared -
No Doubt just buy a 1000, you'll never get the hp out of ur 600 that you can have stock on a 1k. :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
personally, i think HP is just about useless for street, get a 1k for the torque :thumbup:

on a second note, i would rather build a fast 600 then buy a 1k, a 1k is to fast for me anyway and part of the fun is buildin the bike up (assuming he does it himself)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
moto182003 said:
supersport but not formula extreme...
The supersport bikes are pretty much what we build on the street. pipe, filter, custom map. They arent SUPOSED to go in the motor. They do however blueprint the motor and make EVERYTHING match to perfect specs.

An FX bike is WAY BUILT. They do ALOT of stuff to those bikes, including frame mods, wheel changes, throttle boddy swaps, cam changes, headwork.

The FX bike is not reasonable to compare a street bike to.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
FWIW I make 112.2 hP at the wheel, full custom fuel and ignition map and titamium himdle highmount. For camparisons sake, on this particular dyno, same conditions I made 98 RWHP stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
The supersport bikes are pretty much what we build on the street. pipe, filter, custom map. They arent SUPOSED to go in the motor. They do however blueprint the motor and make EVERYTHING match to perfect specs.

An FX bike is WAY BUILT. They do ALOT of stuff to those bikes, including frame mods, wheel changes, throttle boddy swaps, cam changes, headwork.

The FX bike is not reasonable to compare a street bike to.
You need to check the rule book, in supersport you are allowed to do a valve job and shave both surfaces for the engine and run a thinner head gasket.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The CHAD said:
You need to check the rule book, in supersport you are allowed to do a valve job and shave both surfaces for the engine and run a thinner head gasket.
:hmmm: :headscrat REally, since when ???? It USED to be they could blue print the motor (buy STOCK parts to make everything perfect to specs) and do pretty much street style mods only.

They must have changed it resantly. Even so They dont make much more than 115-120 RWHP.

Oh FWIW you are only half right.

Cylinder head, cylinder and crankcase gasket surfaces only
may be machined for increased compression. All other surfaces
of the cylinder head, cylinder and crankcases must
remain absolutely stock, with no metal removal. Light cleaning
of gasket surfaces with steel wool, Scotch-Brite®, etc. is
allowed. Deburring radius of machined area must not be
greater than 0.020” or 0.5mm.

COMPRESSION YES

Valve seat inserts may be reworked or replaced with OEM or
aftermarket seats of original dimensions. Any dimensional
thickness of the stock inserts may not be increased. Aluminum
casting of cylinder head ports and combustion chambers must
remain absolutely stock, with no metal removal.

Valve job no....Well not how I read it. It appears you can rework them for reapair reasons but not anything like a 5 angle vavle job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts