Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Well Zarco is fast, but he charges so hard from the start that he either loses tires or gets tired. He always fades and gets passed.
Vinales was on the charge and moving through the pack nicely until his mishap(young and learning 22yrs old)
Don't know what to say about Lorenzo.
Rossi played a very smart race.
Petrucci and Dovi did great.
Lastly, Yamaha at some point will have to give their riders more horsepower.
It was still a great race to the end.:grin

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Getting back to Lorenzo. I have seen him race many times and if he doesn't win. He doesn't wave to the crowd. He has no trainers of any kind and I'm sure this contributes to his piss poor attitude. I've been watching MotoGP for 30 years and I can't think of a more unlikeable rider. It makes me feel good to watch him struggle and fail. I hope he realises that when he retires, he will be remembered as the biggest baby to ever throw his leg over a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Getting back to Lorenzo. I have seen him race many times and if he doesn't win. He doesn't wave to the crowd. He has no trainers of any kind and I'm sure this contributes to his piss poor attitude. I've been watching MotoGP for 30 years and I can't think of a more unlikeable rider. It makes me feel good to watch him struggle and fail. I hope he realises that when he retires, he will be remembered as the biggest baby to ever throw his leg over a motorcycle.
While I agree with almost everything you said, the only thing I would say is that he probably isn't the most unlikable rider, but definitely the most polarizing. you either love him, or hate him. I'm with you, can't stand him. Nothing is ever his fault. Dovi wins two in a row (and well earned wins) and Lorenzo struggles to be in the top 10. Naturally, it's not his fault, though.

I used to not be able to stand Marc, but this season I like him a lot more. I still don't really want him to win, but I respect how he rides, especially now that he is a little less of a loose cannon.

This is a fantastic season of racing in all classes. Moto2 and Moto3 have been just as fun to watch and you can tell there is plenty of talent (and personality) coming up the pipe to keep the series interesting for another decade.

·
Mistress of Moderation
4,690 Posts
This is a fantastic season of racing in all classes. Moto2 and Moto3 have been just as fun to watch and you can tell there is plenty of talent (and personality) coming up the pipe to keep the series interesting for another decade.

We like to go back and watch Moto2 & Moto3 during the off season when we are going through withdrawals.

Should we say anything about Crashlow? I mean Crutchlow?

Since there is a Ducati in my family, we are big Dovi fans. I have never really liked the way the Maniac rides - too inconsistent, and dangerous at times. I wish he was doing better for Suzuki though.

I love the way Pedrosa is consistently in the running. He seems to be a really good guy. Very talented overall. And he Is shorter than me!

Let's say it all together now... socks and ring! Gotta love voice recognition technology! Lolol

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
We like to go back and watch Moto2 & Moto3 during the off season when we are going through withdrawals.

Should we say anything about Crashlow? I mean Crutchlow?

Since there is a Ducati in my family, we are big Dovi fans. I have never really liked the way the Maniac rides - too inconsistent, and dangerous at times. I wish he was doing better for Suzuki though.

I love the way Pedrosa is consistently in the running. He seems to be a really good guy. Very talented overall. And he Is shorter than me!

Let's say it all together now... socks and ring! Gotta love voice recognition technology! Lolol

Crashlow is doing better at not - well - crashing. Still a little pompous for me to like him too much.

Holy Folgar! What a performance by the German to keep pace with Marc for 28 laps. The fight for 4th was also fantastic to watch. Really turning into one of the best seasons in a long time.

·
Mistress of Moderation
4,690 Posts
Holy Folgar! What a performance by the German to keep pace with Marc for 28 laps. The fight for 4th was also fantastic to watch. Really turning into one of the best seasons in a long time.

Yes! And Dani P did a great job. It was a fun race. I'm not sure what I will do for the next 4 weeks without races.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
While I agree with almost everything you said, the only thing I would say is that he probably isn't the most unlikable rider, but definitely the most polarizing. you either love him, or hate him. I'm with you, can't stand him. Nothing is ever his fault. Dovi wins two in a row (and well earned wins) and Lorenzo struggles to be in the top 10. Naturally, it's not his fault, though.

I used to not be able to stand Marc, but this season I like him a lot more. I still don't really want him to win, but I respect how he rides, especially now that he is a little less of a loose cannon.

250GP/Moto3 has always been my favourite category. It's why I bought an RG250 BITD (which I still have). I miss the 125's

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I like moto2 most the time. It's a good balance between the freight train racing of moto3 but without so much of the big name domination of GP. Although that hasn't been the case as much this year in GP.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I like moto2 most the time. It's a good balance between the freight train racing of moto3 but without so much of the big name domination of GP. Although that hasn't been the case as much this year in GP.
Not really a Moto2 fan. Not much to cheer for other than the riders themselves. I understand the point of it (same bike, same tires). I just don't find it very interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
SPOILER ALERT BELOW
.Well Marquez faded first few laps on rain tires and came in early. Everyone had medium rains, and Marc had soft rains, so his rain tires faded fast. The others stayed out for a few laps more and Marquez ended up with a huge advantage, easy win.

Question....should tire tactics be the deciding factor in racing? Or should it be a mandatory pull in for everyone?

Fair is fair, they all have the same rules, anyone could have come in early.
Did Marc start on wets as a tactic to keep others from seeing what he was doing? If he started on slicks, would the others?

Was it a master stroke of genius?
Was it a planned tactic?
Was it luck?

He finished 19 seconds ahead of Pedrosa and Vinales. Rossi was in the lead before the tire swaps, ended up 4th.

Joe Roberts the New American made his debut in Moto2 at Brno today. In wet free practice he was around 14th, 2nd free practice it was dry and he was 3-4 seconds off the fastest in the world.
Race time came and it was wet, Joe managed a 10th place in his very first ever GP championship.
Pretty amazing actually.
Time will tell if he's really got that Kenny Roberts blood flowing through his veins.
Congrats Joe!....."Joe Rocket"?

·
CCS/ASRA Expert #77
10,723 Posts
It was a pre planned calculated gamble that paid off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Marquez and Honda seem to be quite lucky when it comes to situations like yesterday....I think Honda has their own official weather satellite and they use it to make decisions like that...lol

Congrats Joe Roberts, came in 10th in his first Moto 2 race!!! Started in 29th too!
He and his people must have been thrilled with that outcome. It's nice to have another AMERICAN to root for now.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
OK, I've read many posts here several times, but missed the one about how to get this.

Can this be viewed thru netflix? HOw can I get it?

TIA - and yes, I'm even ashamed I don't know.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts