Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I guess this is a MotoGp thread sooo.....

Sometimes when you have too much time on your hands it can be bad for your pocketbook. :lol:

I've been seeing this MotoGp limited edition watch in this color with carbon fiber backing for a while now, and when I saw the right price I jumped on it. They had a darker blue Nicky Hayden model but I just didn't dig it as much. Guess I'm just a Gp freak now days.
The folks I live around here in Central Texas cowboyland couldn't even begin to understand. :grin

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Strange thing on Bein Sports today for the Moto GP.
I was getting the Spanish broadcast. I still enjoyed it but it was different.
LoL, well Bien Sports is Spanish. I have MotoGp yearly subscription so I bypass forced diversity. :grin

Poor Rossi led the whole way to get caught, amazed Vinales pushed the whole way with a soft comp rear. They have got to get more horsepower, Ducati always faster is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Those guys are lucky, so to speak. I had to wait 23 days just to get scheduled for surgery, should have been done the first week.

Ole Lorenzo just gets eaten up as the race goes on. What amazes me is how Maverick can qualify in the 147's, then runs 149's the whole race, like it was a different guy. Hell, he even ran the same soft tires from the start.

Rossi does the Lorenzo thing too, fast at start sometimes, then gets eaten up.

That seemed unfair when Marquez over shoots a corner BIGTIME, then comes back on track and slows Dovi down from the front pack. There should be a bigger penalty for over aggressive riding. Even if Marquez is a great rider. He clearly got way to greedy to the point of screwing everyone up by trying to pass two riders going into one corner.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
DG and I get the annual subscription via MotoGP website. We watch free practice, qualifying, and races during the season. Then go back for Moto2 &3 during the off season when we're jonesing. For us it is well worth the investment.
I do the same Ramona, love the GP subscription. I'll go watch old races when I get bored. :smile

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
MotoGP subscription is the way to go. It's the same price as paying for the extra channels, but you get WAY more coverage. Only advantage to Bein sports is also getting worldSBK and motoamerica with it. Watching moto2 and moto3 in the off season is an interesting idea.

I'm officially going to COTA in '18. I'm very pumped about it!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
MotoGP subscription is the way to go. It's the same price as paying for the extra channels, but you get WAY more coverage. Only advantage to Bein sports is also getting worldSBK and motoamerica with it. Watching moto2 and moto3 in the off season is an interesting idea.

I'm officially going to COTA in '18. I'm very pumped about it!
Riding? or GP Races? I'm guessing the races since we're in a GP thread lol. If you ever get down here to ride, let me know. You can also rent a bike instead and fly down. :smile

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Riding? or GP Races? I'm guessing the races since we're in a GP thread lol. If you ever get down here to ride, let me know. You can also rent a bike instead and fly down. :smile
GP races, correct. I would love to ride too, but that's a little out of the budget right now by the time you add up track day, airfare, hotel and bike rental. One day though!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
In my humble opinion, that was the best race of the season...

I would have liked to see Dovi compete so the championship was closer, but in general the race was great. It was good to see the guys in post race say how much they enjoyed the race and knew it was a good time for the fans.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
In my humble opinion, that was the best race of the season...

I would have liked to see Dovi compete so the championship was closer, but in general the race was great. It was good to see the guys in post race say how much they enjoyed the race and knew it was a good time for the fans.
That Moto3 race was insane. Must have been 40 lead changes. Most of the race looked like the first two laps of a regular race. Even at the end there was 8 guys fighting.
If the Motogp pack didn't have a few get up front, it would have been the same. There's a lot of drafting on that track which pulls riders back into the mix.
Marc is just the most consistent best rider out there. It makes you wonder how much is bike and team set up compared to rider sometimes.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Alright question for my friends who have attended COTA.

I'm set to go for '18. I'm going with my wife and in-laws (it's a long story, but I like them so its all good). I basically told them to drop me at the gate all weekend, but they plan to attend on Sunday. Most races like this I've just bought GA tickets and found myself a spot. My question is: is a T15 ticket worth it, or can you get as good or even better views with a GA ticket? I'll probably still get GA because I like different turns for different races, but I'm not sure how much they will care to follow me around all day lol

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Who's going to win COTA 2018?
We know Marquez hasn't ever lost there, but competition is closing in.
Rossi and Maverick have a bit of a jinx going there.
Each year the riders complain about some bumps there, yet it's the smoothest track I've ever ridden.

Will it be Marquez, Maverick, Lorenzo lol, Crutchlow, Zarco?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts