Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
GP Tickets

Grand Prix Tickets...

If anyone is interested, a friend of mine bought tickets to the Grand Prix not realizing that the date was the same as his wedding date.

Everything's all paid for, and it's yours if you want it.

It's at City Hall, the girl's name is Andrea, so all you have to do is show up and get married.

·
Mistress of Moderation
4,690 Posts
Did anyone else think Cal Crutchlow was a bit of an ass in the post race interview yesterday?

A little. It's not really sporting to call the others "wimps," but I chalked it up to him being more fluent in trash talking than speaking as a champion! I agree that adrenaline was a factor - hopefully he doesn't make it a habit to insult his fellow riders.

It was a great race!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I didn't watch the interviews, but I wasn't convinced Cal would win until he made it round the last corner of the final lap. He did go through a period of falling off a lot from second or third in a race.

I couldn't believe how some of those Duc riders managed to keep their bikes on the track after seeing how the soft fronts just peeled away toward the end.

It was a great race to watch. Shame F1 doesn't have the same level of excitement anymore - compared to the days of Senna, Prost, Mansell and a very young Schumacher. Some of those races were awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mistress of Moderation
4,690 Posts
Qualifying 1 & 2 in the rain at Silverstone were real nail biters. There were some scary crashes and amazing saves. Not to give any spoilers, but...Maverick is doing Suzuki proud, Cal is clearly still hopped-up on adrenaline, and I'm falling deeper in love with Rossi every day. He's a class act. And I want his helmet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am so pumped that Suzuki took Silverstone. That was an awesome race all around, but Vinales really gave her the dinner. Also dying to see Suzuki drop the bomb with the 2017 GSX-R and start trickling down some of that GP tech. Maybe one day I can afford it :lol:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I recorded the race and when I went to watch it, found out my PVR was full so all I got was the bikes on the starting grid with all the girls. Darn it. I've deleted a whole heap of stuff so ready for the next race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Rossi seems like he thinks he's entitled. He got into with Esperago during practice and now with Lorenzo . What's up with the guy ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rossi seems like he thinks he's entitled. He got into with Esperago during practice and now with Lorenzo . What's up with the guy ?
Well it's common courtesy and practice to make way if you can't keep the pace with the faster guys. Rossi is saying Espargaro was intentionally blocking him, usually Rossi is pretty respectful of other riders not sure what the deal is.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Well it's common courtesy and practice to make way if you can't keep the pace with the faster guys. Rossi is saying Espargaro was intentionally blocking him, usually Rossi is pretty respectful of other riders not sure what the deal is.

Yes, this is true however, I didn't watch the runs. I wonder if Espargaro was in fact being blocking Rossi ?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I read somewhere that they though espargo was blocking rossi because his brother was running 1st and i believe that was FP1....which really doesnt matter that much since its just practice and FP1 doesnt effect qualifying but if thats the case total d**k move. Rossi was on a hot lap and Esp was in the race line not keeping pace and then pulled off to pit so thats why rossi was mad..........at least from what i gathered. Good to see other people keep up with this, my girlfriend and i watch religiously qualifying and the race.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts